please delete thread

Gran

Gran, thanks that is good to know. I shop at Wally- Mart. It helps my grocery bill. :lol

That is a big difference.

I know what you mean. They moved stuff around here in ours too.Made me mad.

They don't have as much material as they use to and it is not as good of qualtiy as it use to be. :no

Must be men runnig it. We women wouldn't do things like that.:yes

I am going to order some from Mary Maxim. She has it on sale. I need quite a bit of one color. So I thought why not. I am thinking on tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing that. PINKROSES

Hmmm, that's odd. Our local Michaels only carries Simply Soft in the 7oz skeins. Are you sure they aren't 7 oz? Every other place in town carries it in 6oz (except Hobby Lobby who carries it in 3oz)

I was looking for a particular color that AC Moore didn't have and was appalled at the price of Simply Soft in Michael's. I refused to buy it! Went to Joanne's where it was $2.29 or in the vicinity. Even that was bad, but I was desperate!

Well, let's see. At $2.07 for 6 oz - that's .35 per oz.

At $2.99 for 7 oz. - that's .43 per oz.

So, WM has the better deal, if you can stand shopping at WM! :P

My local Michael's (which was recently redone with lots more yarn) still doesn't carry Caron SS. So I'm stuck with WM anyway. :)

Well, let's see. At $2.07 for 6 oz - that's .35 per oz.

At $2.99 for 7 oz. - that's .43 per oz.

So, WM has the better deal, if you can stand shopping at WM! :P

My local Michael's (which was recently redone with lots more yarn) still doesn't carry Caron SS. So I'm stuck with WM anyway. :)

I never buy anything at Michaels unless it's on sale or I use a 40% off coupon so if you have a coupon it's cheaper at Michaels. If I need 6 skeins of the same color right away, I go to wal-mart.

My point was that Michaels isn't 1/3rd more expensive as stated in the first post as it's a 7oz skein, not 6... :hook

Oooooops, Michael's does carry the 7 oz. skeins. Thanks for pointing out the difference! Other folks have done the price per ounce reckoning.

Michael's is close by and Walmart is a bit of a drive and then there is the, I wish Joann's were close by, or the whole Hobby Lobby scenario.... Wish I could say I shopped more on principle and supported local sole proprietorships, but convenience and economy are key factors with me.

Archived