Abalone crochet hooks?

mwedzi

Have any of you all ever tried these? I saw them at Stitches Midwest this past Saturday. A search on Google found they sold them online, too.

https://www.yarnbarn-ks.com/products.asp?dept=227

They are really pretty, but I wonder how they feel to work with. They were in packages, so I couldn't even hold it to try to get a feel of it. Are they super fragile? Anybody?

You might PM one of the girls in Lawrence and see if they could stop by the yarnbarn and see if they could get a feel for them. The ladies in the Barn are wonderful nice. I bet if you called them, they would give you some feedback also.

• 2 years later...

I bought an abalone hook as soon as I saw them, and I absolutely love it! I haven't crocheted that long, only a month or so, so maybe there's a disadvantage that's I'm not aware of, or haven't come across yet. It took a little getting used to, but i think it feels more ergonomic now, and when I sit down to work on my first blanket, I feel like (don't laugh) an old Japanese fisherman making a new seine net...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how'd they feel, but they look cool. Brie, I like your fisherman feeling. It's cool to feel connected to something like that.

Archived