need testers for parakeet pattern! TESTERS FOUND! THANKS!

I'm looking for ten testers for my parakeet pattern

Yes, it's finally done! Rejoice!:yarn:hook

PM me if you want to test

by the way the pattern's in microsoft word:ohdear so if you can't recive that then I'll try to figure something out...Adobe isn't working for me :sigh

I'm looking for ten testers for my parakeet pattern

Yes, it's finally done! Rejoice!:yarn:hook

PM me if you want to test

by the way the pattern's in microsoft word:ohdear so if you can't recive that then I'll try to figure something out...Adobe isn't working for me :sigh

It's been switched to adobe now so tell me if you can test...I still need a couple more:hook :yarn

:compute Got the pattern, :ccompute and printed it out. Now, to find the colors of yarn I'd like to use.....:shop <NO, you're not going shopping for yarn again, go look in your stash :( )

But first, I think :think you should replace your ink cartridges in your printer so that you can actually read the pattern :lol

:compute Got the pattern, :ccompute and printed it out. Now, to find the colors of yarn I'd like to use.....:shop <NO, you're not going shopping for yarn again, go look in your stash :( )

Hey, I just had the same conversation with myself about buying more yarn for this. :lol

thanks everyone for volunteering! I hope everyone has fun making the parakeets and I can't wait to see how they come out!:hook :hook

I haven't received a copy of the pattern yet :( though I think I was the first to volunteer. I'll resend my email address to you privately.

Alrighty. I made my lil birdie and he is very very cute.

http://crochetcronies.wordpress.com/

The only suggestion/change I would make to the pattern to make it more clear for someone who has never made something like this would be to add a "repeat around" and/or add stich count after the rnds.

ex. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook

2 sc in each sc (12 sc)

2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc * repeat around (18 sc)

to me that would make it just more clear. But the pattern is plenty understandable as is. It was quick and easy to whip up. Thanks for allowing me to test it.

Hi Bren, Thanks so much for letting me test your pattern. I posted a picture here.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=439241#post439241

The only change I made were to use a 4.25 hook and I did not ch1 at the begining of each round, I just worked in a sprial. I always get holes when I chain one. I think there might be a typo in round 4 of the tail I frogged it twice. I think it should be ch1, 2sc in firstsc, sc in next 4sc, 2 sc in last sc, turn. It should be 4sc not 3. Some one also suggested to do a stitch count at the end of each round I agree, I would help beginners.

Thanks again,

Bonnie

Alrighty. I made my lil birdie and he is very very cute.

http://crochetcronies.wordpress.com/

The only suggestion/change I would make to the pattern to make it more clear for someone who has never made something like this would be to add a "repeat around" and/or add stich count after the rnds.

ex. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook

2 sc in each sc (12 sc)

2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc * repeat around (18 sc)

to me that would make it just more clear. But the pattern is plenty understandable as is. It was quick and easy to whip up. Thanks for allowing me test it.

yea that's what a lot of testers have been pointing out...I'll definately remember these things for the next time I do a pattern, I need these kinds of pointers...:yes

your birdie turned out so PERFECT! :lol I'm so happy...!:manyheart

great color choices!:yarn

thanks so much for testing!:c9

I'm also finished mine and put a post in the Misc. Thread...this little guy worked up fast!

I also noticed the typo in the tail, and would also recommend the stitch counts and "repeat around" comments everyone else has said.

I also chained one after joining the ring for the feet before I began to sc around the ring.

Thanks again for letting me test your pattern!

I just posted pics of mine:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=440085#post440085

Had a blast testing - only thing I would add to what others have said was that I left a long tail of yarn before starting the tail so I could sew it on with that and I added an extra row on the tale of sc, ch1, sc across to give it a little ruffle.

:yay THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting me test!!:yay

Nutsaboutcrochet13, I just finished testing your pattern...here's a picture of my pathetic little birdie:

Thank you for letting me test your pattern:

000_0028.jpg000_0029.jpg

Nutsaboutcrochet13, I just finished testing your pattern...here's a picture of my pathetic little birdie:

Thank you for letting me test your pattern:

000_0028.jpg000_0029.jpg

your birdie is NOT pathetic at all! :c9 I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!:manyheart

thanks so much for testing and I hope you had fun!:hook:yarn

Nutsaboutcrochet13 I finished the parakeet and posted a photo yesterday but forgot to post here. Between the thunderstorms and dd using my computer for her homework, it's been interesting lately. Anyway, here is a photo of my version, I call her Greenie:

kisitwinkyandparakeet005.jpg

kisitwinkyandparakeet.jpg

She was fun to make. Thanks for letting me test your pattern.

Archived