Round Ripple question

Ga_Rebel

Question

Lizc, what kind of yarn are you using? I used worsted weight Red Heart SS and Bernat and then I used an I hook with the one that I made.

rh supersaver in neon pink; yellow; green; purple & white.....

my 28 (ok so she's 27 until december) saw 10 rows of this pink and said "that is totally gross" (looked like pepto bismo!)

but then my 10yr granddaughter saw it with 3 rows of white and about 6 of the yellow and told her grampy - THAT is beautiful!

so i'm thinking now of doing 2 strands; 1 white & 1 color for about 5 or 6 rows each

GAREBEL, sorry to have hijacked your thread

Okay....senior moment here. Where is the sewonfire pattern at? I'd like to look at it.

It's okay, I found the sew-on-fire round ripple pattern.

Ok one quick question. i am fixin to start the repeats of rnd 7 and 8. But i have a question. Ok do I follow the repeats exactly like the pattern says for those 2 rnds. Or do I make sure I do the shells and spaces in the same spot each round but the number of stitches in between the shells and spaces will tke care of themselves.....Does that make sense?

From what I see between the two patterns is that they are exactly alike, except for the repeats of the large and small shell....after row 9. It is my understanding, that the alternation of the 2 rows of small shells and the 2 rows of large shells, helps to keep the afghan laying flat without puckers in it. In either case......I think it's whatever works out best for the person who is making the afghan.

I'm going to quit here......before everybody gets confused, like I'm getting right now! :think:loco:eek

:cheer Ladies,

As long s your Afghan is sitting flat and not frilly on the edges, or curling up, it does not really matter which you do.

You will soon know if you need to do one more or one less increase row because your afghan will tell you.

Daisy is right, the round ripple is a very forgiving pattern.

I do not have mine now, because it was a present, but I have just looked at my picture to count the stitches and I have definately done a SMALL shell row at the change of colour only.

The afghan sits very flat, but if it was looking like curling or frilling on the edges, I would have just worked and extra round of what was needed to make it sit flat.

I look at a pattern as a guide only, until you get going so start looking at your work rather than the pattern and it will tll you what you need to do.

This applies to all crochet. If you look at what you have done, you will see what you need to do next.

:cheer Ga Rebel, It looks like you are on you way so keep up the good work.

It gets easier and easier as you go along and you should find you can ditch the pattern completely after a few rows.

Good luck.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

GA Rebel......you have it correct. Just put the shells in the same place and the skipped two stitches in the same place. The increases will take care of themselves. Just don't forget 2 rounds of row 7 and 2 rounds of row 8 ....and you will be on a roll. After awhile, you won't even need the pattern anymore. You will be able to see your Small shell rounds and your Large shell rounds. Go for it and have fun!

Colleen.....thank you for coming to save the day! :cheer:D I was wondering what the pattern confusion was all about and now I know.

It seems that there are two of these round ripples with the identical directions except for the shell repeats after row 9. I just think that the project-angel-kisses pattern is the revised version.

The way I am beginning to see it......no matter which version you crochet, you will still come out a winner.

well then.... i did frog mine, but mostly because my color changes werent coming out as i had wanted and i wanted to change to different size hook. i was using a G and think i may go to H if not to an I hook

thanks for all of your help everyone

Lizc, what kind of yarn are you using? I used worsted weight Red Heart SS and Bernat and then I used an I hook with the one that I made.

Hmmmmm, Lizc, you pose an interesting question. Are you using two strands througout the afghan? Or are you using 1 strand and then changing to 2 strands when you come to those colors? I really am not sure how it will turn out ,by changing the thickness of the yarn in midstream, unless you use a smaller hook with the double strands....from the original hook size you started out with. Personally, I haven't tried this before. You could try it and see how it works for you. If it works well, let us know here.

this is beginning to sound like a difficult pattern to do

no, no! fireeyes, it really is easy to do...... it's just a matter of preferance on how you do your colors; width, etc, etc.....

daisy,

my first attempt was ALL one strand with a G hook, this time around TWO strands with an I hook.....

:cheer Here is my latest completed Round Ripple.

I wish now, I had done another repeat of the Cream and added the fluffy yarn onto the cream. It covers the last repeat of the blue too much.

I think the centre is different to the Rainbow one I did, but I did not have the pattern when I started this one so I just winged it.

I thought I would show it so the learners can see that it is possible to do.

I used 8ply (DK) Acrylic yarn with a 4mm hook.

It is a great sense of achievement when you complete another afghan.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/TradeMe232.jpg

:hi tezcatlipoca98

I was looking at your blog:gallery ,,,beautiful work :hook you have done,,:yes

One picture was of your hat hugger group at a table where you work.

Can you say WHERE you work:? ,,,because,,I'd never get any done,(work that is:sweat )with all that yarn in the background!!:woo I'd be fired the end of the first day:rofl

:clap

monsters:eek mommy

beginner for life

Lizc, how is it working out with the double strands and I hook?

hey!

it's coming out pretty good!

five rounds pink & white; six yellow & white; i just finished the fourth of green & white. then it will be purple and white (six). i think after that i may do two rounds of each color with out the white and then go from there.

it's a little heavier than i thought it would be. but still nice. i really think my 10yr grand daughter will like it. and if she doesn't we'll give it to the 2yr old who doesnt know how to voice opinions yet! at least not about these things :lol

Lizc............keep up the good work! It sounds like everything is running smoothly for you! Great job! :cheer :cheer :cheer Way to go!

thanks daisy! i'm going to try and take a picture in the next day or so. (have to find the batteries that should be in the charger - hhmmm, seems like a body may have taken them for a radio!)

Colleen, I love YOUR round ripple. One of these days I will have to make one with the fuzzy border...I really love that effect. I guess that makes two of us.....I love those ripples too. Every one turns out differently and so unique! Nice to chat with you again.....it's been awhile. I hope you have a great weekend. :hug

Archived