Stitch n Pitch - Cleveland Ohio Sept 13th

andiM

I'm asking DH about going to the Sox game on August 26th. It sounds like a great time. I usually bring a project to the ballgame anyway, so to be an event at the ballgame is a terrific idea! It combines baseball with needelwork, what could be better?!

Linda

• 1 month later...

I went to the Stitch 'n Pitch in Arlington (Texas Rangers). Not much of a baseball fan, but did I have fun. It helps that there was a group of us that went. We also meet each week to make general nuisances of ourselves in public areas. :devil

The only thing that I would recommend is to put your knitting/crocheting/yarn/needles and anything else you may need in a plastic bag, or get a yarntainer, or something similar. I'm glad I did, cause I kept dropping my stuff on the ground. Not to mention the Cheez on the nachos. Gotta have those if you go to a ballgame.

Have fun!

Our Stitch n Pitch (Cincinnati Reds) is next Sunday. I'd like to go, except it's the same day as my beloved Cincinnati Bengals first game of the season (on the road in Kansas City). Can't miss that. Besides, it's much easier to crochet watching sports in front of a T.V. than in an actual stadium.

I started a beginning knitting class (no offense to crochet) but it will run an extra week longer because the class was originally postpone. Therefore I won't be able to go... I'm bummed.

Anyhow, I'm noticing too that I am more productive in knitting/crochet when I am watching a football game... why is that? Could it be because I'm really not a huge football fan... even though I do watch occassionally... :blush I tested my theory the other day when I watched a game then quickly switched to another channel to watch a different show and golly gee it's TRUE!!

Anyhow, I'm noticing too that I am more productive in knitting/crochet when I am watching a football game... why is that? Could it be because I'm really not a huge football fan... even though I do watch occassionally... :blush I tested my theory the other day when I watched a game then quickly switched to another channel to watch a different show and golly gee it's TRUE!!

::insert your favorite Cleveland Browns joke in here:: :devil

Sorry, this Cincinnati Bengals fan couldn't resist.

I get a lot done watching television, but not as much during Bengal games. Sometimes, when the game is real close, I can't crochet. I'm too nervous.

Now, I did get a fair amount accomplished watching a Cincinnati Reds game today...a game the Reds desperately needed to stay in the pennant race :worried and finally ended up losing in the late innings. :cry So maybe there is something to it. Or maybe I'm a bigger Bengals fan than Reds fan.

Archived