bamboo or soy yarn

snugsmontreal

i am dyeing (:lol ) to try some of this 100% bamboo or 100% soy silk yarn. it is not currently sold anywhere near my city, here in canada, and i am insearch of a very generous lady (or fella) here that would consider picking up a skein or 2 of either for me and i will pay for the yarn and shipping here via a us check or paypal or whatever you prefer. if you might be interested please leave a message here or pm me. i checked out the prices some of the yarn was going for on ebay and it was more than the retail i know i could see the pricetag in the picture. thank you in advance!:hook

I have seen some advertising about bamboo yarn. I guess it is a very renewable product from the earth. Lots of things are being made from it. I saw on a news show about towels being made of bamboo and that they are very soft. I would like to try some yarn eventually. It sounds like it would work up like cotton. I hope you find some soon. Let us know how it works up.

Linda:cheer

Bamboo yarn is lovely! It has a subtle sheen to it and it feels like maybe cotton/silk blend. It crochets up nice and soft, I think it'd be great for clothing. I had started an Anthropologie type cami (random doilies crocheted together)......UFO!

I'm currently using Plymouth's brand "Royal Bamboo" and I'm (cringe) :embar knitting a summer top with it. I did crochet :U a small purse with it first though! It is very slippery (I keep dropping stitches) and soft! It's suppost to wick away moisture faster that cotton (I must hurry and get it finished!) and contain a natural antibotic. I'm thinking it would be great for Chemo caps.

BTY, it costs around $7 for a skein of 93 yards

Archived