What is the size difference between all the different

blankets?? Afghans, throws/lap blankets & baby blankets ...

I found a pattern I love, and that works up quickly (an afghan pattern) - I'd like to make a throw for each of the kids' teachers but need an approximate size for those. Most afghans seem (at least in the books I've used) to be about 4 feet by 5 1/2 feet, or right around there, but I can't figure out how big to make a throw.

i would make it to fit the person, thats what i do, for my one sister who is a little larger than the other one, i made her one that was a bit bigger one. i kinda worried about doing that , but she was soooooooo happy said it was awesome to have something made just for her. (even her bigger size!!!) she had just had a baby and hadn't lost the weight yet, so when she did that made it so much nicer as she was able to wrap it around her:w-angel :cloud9 and the other sister said hey thats not fair. told her she would have to have another baby:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl she gave me the most:mad :mad :mad look. then she :rotfl at me!!!!!!!!!! i would just make it a comfy size. for an adult maybe the size of a twin blanket.:hug2 vicki

Archived