An appreciated gift...

I made my FIL and BIL each a scarf in their favourite football (soccer) team colours. My FIL actually loved it. He even said "thank you" in the background when my MIL called. You see my FIL and I got into a huge fight and he flipped me the finger in front of ds and I vowed never to stay at their house again. All because he insisted I report flat tires as an accident (which were replaced and paid for 3 months before). I hadn't hit anyone or anything except possibly a little curb about 3 inches high (potholes back home are bigger) so I said it wasn't an accident. He wouldn't stop arguing and I said enough. He made a little motion with his hand like you do when you are simulating a duck but he meant it as me yapping and then flipped me the finger. Oh I LOST IT! This was last winter and when we went to visit in the summer he would leave the room when I was in it (we stayed at BIL). Well at least he thanked me for the scarf albeit through my MIL. Miracles will never cease...

Rachel

a flat tire is not a accident:mad , maybe he should talk with someone who has been in one, i can certainly tell you that, i wish the moron who hit me had just had a flat tire instead:loco :loco i commend you for making him anything. what a nut case:mad vicki

Dh was away on tour at the time. I phoned him in tears and the first thing he said was "What has he done now...". My BIL just thought it was funny that my FIL should be so stupid but no one was surprised at what he did (apparently he thought I wasn't looking at the time). He said he was sorry at the time but a few months later when we went to visit he wouldn't be in the same room as me. My dh was very surprised he said sorry as he couldn't recall him saying sorry in his whole life.

He is one of these people who need to save face and by making him a present I was trying to give him the opportunity to finally get over this. I hope this will help move things on. I will never really like him but he is family.

Rachel

Rachel, he needs to seriously get a life, i know some one like him and he has grown old and mean and has no one, family hateshim (son's too) and no friends. he lives around here and the other day when i was out getting the mail, he came up and told me his pathetic story, and i think he was looking for sympathy, but instead, i told him what a old fool he was. he should be kissing your feet for making him something so nice. sometimes i just don't understand. nice to know your hubby sticks up for you.some don't.i sure wouldn't do anything else for him. who knows maybe he doesn't know how to be nice. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug girl, don't let him bother you anymore. take care. vicki

Archived