Yarn Preference?

Actualy on the subject of acrylics, I've noticed lately that even though they are made by the same company, the TLC yarns are much softer and higher quality than the RH. You don't have as many colors to choose from but it feels much nicer to the touch and drapes a little better as well.

~Rebecca

I'm fairly new to crocheting, & I learned on RH, then I got introduced to ebay...lol Now I have a small stash of all kinds of yarn...none of which I know what to do with! :bang

...but I'm learning!! :))

So far, I do like the RH, becuz it shows off my stitches the best.. sometimes thats not so good, but generally, its kinda kewl! :w-lol

I agree tho...the nicer softer yarns feel so nice sliding thru your fingers as your working. :yes

One of the first things I made was a poncho, & I used homespun, and I loved that!! It was very soft and draped very nicely & is way more durable than I thought it would be!!

:tryme

I would love to be able to afford some of the more expensive yarns, but my crafting comes after everything else (bills, mortgage, etc....like most people!)

I use Red Heart and Mainstays because I like how sturdy they are and I almost never find knots in the center of RH skeins. It's relatively cheap so I can still pick up yarn after all the necessities are out of the way.

I use Red Heart and Walmart's Mainstays all the time, as well. I agree with Christine, I almost never find knots in the middle of the RH. I just bought my first skein of Caron Simply Soft for my piggy over there

<----------------------------------------------------------

because I couldn't find a dark pink in anything else. And WOW. It really does feel good to let that run through the fingers, as well as adding to the touchability of the finished project. Unfortunately, it IS quite expensive, and we just don't have the variety of colors here in the Caron as the RH or even the Mainstays. We're also at a bit of a disadvantage, because Walmart is the only place (at least that I know of) to get yarn in town. I don't count K-mart - they sell the same brands in fewer colors at a higher price. Our Walmart only sells about 10 colors of cotton yarn, too, and I haven't seen an OUNCE of wool there.

Archived