Sorry Hello Kitty...

Sahmlock

th_100_1270.jpgOK, I got this square that is making me absolutely NUTS! I have seen it done rather nicely on this site...and I was hoping (begging, pleading) for some help!!!

I think that my left ear...has too many stitches for the dark pink..and my next one will have one less on the top corner making it less pointy? (I hope). The joining of the rows got to me! I got all confused..slip stitch...and then chained one and then started in next stitch with sc's....I did it two other ways...trying to sc in same stitch as joining..etc. I just couldnt get it to come out neatly, it seems as if I am somehow adding a stitch to make it kind of uneven...not exactly a nice oval. Can you say perfectionist? I think that this square is most definitely a work in progress and if anyone would like to share his/her joining rounds technique...AND what do I use for the eyes/nose...and the whiskers...

Plus when you join the round for the second ear...I slip stitch joined and then chained one..and then sc in next stitch...should i have sc in same stitch as joining? hmmmmmmm...

Can you tell that I realllllllly want to make this come out ok?

thanks in advance

:D

All the pictures I've seen of the "granny square" type Hello Kitty used small buttons and beads for the eyes and nose and then the flower in her hair was crocheted. I think you're off to a great start!

Oh yeah, I forgot, when I join I always slip stitch, ch 1 and sc in same stitch. It just makes it easier for me (everybody is different). Otherwise my stitch count can get messed up.

Sahmlock, I am afraid that I can not help you with your existing problem, hope you have worked it out, but if you like Hello Kitty so much, i found a link to make a stuffed hello Kitty

http://mmummer.homestead.com/files/HelloKitty.txt

Unfortunately it doesn't come with a picture, but maybe you will want to give it a try anyway?

I think it has turned out well. I used small black buttons for the eyes and a small bead for the nose, as I wasn't happy with the way the embroidered ones turned out. I used black yarn for the whiskers. I don't think my 'ovals' were even either, but was happy with the the way it turned out overall.

Archived