My First attempt at socks

Ilene

Since joining C'ville I've done several afghans and wanted to try something a bit different. The thought of crocheted socks really intregued me so I bought the Learn to Crochet Socks by American School of Needlework.

The top (cuff) is done with RH Monet and the feet where done with RH Frosted Green and RH Rose Pink worsted weight yarn. I know they look huge but they fit my size 61/2 foot.

sock1.jpg

This is my version of the Leapin' Lavender.

I like 'em!

I've been wanting to try my hand at a pair of socks, too, but I'm not sure where to find the "right" kind of yarn. After seeing these, I think I'll go look at the "new" yarn stall I found in the market last week.

I wanna be a sock maker too!!! ;):hook

Nucki, the book that my pattern came out of called for worsted weight yarn. In fact nearly all the patterns do so finding yarn for starters won't be hard.

I got another pattern from the CPC website that calls for sock yarn but I'm going to try with baby yarn. I've been told they are almost the same and the baby yarn is less expencive.

Nucki, the book that my pattern came out of called for worsted weight yarn. In fact nearly all the patterns do so finding yarn for starters won't be hard.

I got another pattern from the CPC website that calls for sock yarn but I'm going to try with baby yarn. I've been told they are almost the same and the baby yarn is less expencive.

See, that's the problem! I can't find WW yarn to save my LIFE out here!

I guess I'm just gonna hafta find me a relatively inexpensive online shop, huh?

Sorry Nucki, I forgot that you where across the big pond! I hope you are able to find yarn at a decent price there. I would love to hear about what you find and see what you do.

Ashbirdlady, I have to agree that I didn't like doing the toe last. I have arthritis on both thumbs and it really hurt my hands to do those sock but I really love the way they came out.

I'm doing another pair that starts off with the toe first and they are being much kinder toe my poor old paws.

Archived