What is going on at Joanns?

Tampa Doll

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a scrapbooker, I don't buy much at JoAnn's, I don't like what they offer. As a crafter in general, I don't like Joann's anymore, they charge to much for items and the one buy my house they added more shelves in the yarn area, you can only fit one cart in the aisle. there is no room to pass people, it makes it very hard to shop! :cry

ON the plus side, I've heard rumors that there will soon be a Hobby Lobby in my area, once that happens I will NEVER go to JoAnn's again! :cheer

Chairs for yarnies???!!! Where is that enlightened store? That would be amazing. Since we're usually relegated to the back of the store -- which is just as discriminatory as women's typically having to walk farther to the "Ladies'" than men to the "Men's." In the Florida town where I used to live -- which, believe me, was full of retireee-grannies who knit and crochet -- that back aisle in Michael's (and the one in Walmart) was the narrowest, usually blocked by stock carts aimed for other departments, and had the dimmest lighting in the store so that you could barely make out the yarn colors.

And, I agree, we've had enough of the fuzzies. The glory of crocheting and knitting is the texture the crafter creates with the stitches more than the manufactured textures of novelty yarns. The fuzzies have their place as occasional trim or wearable; but, gimme a break, they should not have overtaken "normal" yarns. Those novelty yarns were a great marketing ploy for beginning knitters and crocheters to make their first project with. I say, let's have them move on to more complicated stitchery projects.

We had a knit and crochet cafe -- a yarn shop with lessons, comfy chairs and coffee -- here where I live; but by the time my needlework group got around to visiting it, it had gone belly-up. I hope your Joann's store finds its plans cost-effective.

Archived