Triple Washed Purple Bag

dreemrytr

I sent my purple fuzzy bag through the wash a couple more times. It wasn't quite the size that I like for a shoulder bag so I thought, what the heck, size IS something I can change. Don't know if you can tell from these pics the difference in size... probably not, but it's actually 1" smaller all around, and the handles couldn't be more perfect in length. I'm really happy with the outcome. The lighting was different for each pic, so they look a bit different in shading, but the color is still the same.

Before

th_f9df9167.jpg

After

th_purplefuzzybagfrontTRIPLEWASHED.jpg

Debbie

Hi CD,

The bag is more a usable size now than it was before. It was just too big for my comfort, and the handles were too long. This size is approx 11 1/2" wide now, which is the size I normally use. The only problem with this bag is it's more suited for winter than summer, so I'll wait a while before I use it. I would like to make another one similar, as I like the shaping the super bulky, thick-and-thin home spun yarn gave to the plain rectangular shape (and it's a varigation of 6 or more colors, so it will go with just about any color). Next time I'll use a different body color and a novelty yarn that doesn't have "hair" (along with the same strategically placed super bulky yarn). Maybe in brighter colors more appropriate for the current season. But FIRST I'm tackling UFO's... :lol

Debbie

Debbie, is it just my monitor (and bad eyesight) or did this second felting make your bag more of an A-line shape? It looks to me like the top of it is slightly more narrow in proportion to the bottom half now than it was before. I like the look and am glad that it's a better size now. Well, finish up those UFOs, because I want to see your next purse! :hook :hook

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Judi, it's not your bad eyesight (or your monitor)! Yes, the triple washing DID change the shape into more of an A line sillouette. The shrunken bands of super bulky yarn really brought the upper part of the bag in. Again, it was a happy accident, 'cuz I had no idea it would do that. Even my husband thought it was a lot cuter than after the first washing.

Debbie

Archived