LYS in Holland Michigan

Crochet_Gram

Just in case you are ever in the west central part of the state, there is a LYS called Lizzie Ann's on 8th street in Holland that is wonderful. Great sellection, good prices, friendly people and an open table.

I'll have to remember that the next time I go home. (I'm from the St. Joe area, but my step-mom's family all live in Holland.)

You know, something I did not know, but Frankenmuth has some yarn shops. I really haven't been there since I was a kid but I thought it was all Christmas stuff. I recently acquired some yarn through a trade and the tags had "Frankemuth" stickers on them. It was some really neat yarn too! Another place I need to go next time I'm up north!

WASSA LYS?? i LIVE IN THE LAKES AREA NEAR DETROIT, WEST BLOOMFIELD TO BE EXACT

LAURA

LYS is "local yarn store" not a big name like Joann's or Michael's.

• 1 month later...
Just in case you are ever in the west central part of the state, there is a LYS called Lizzie Ann's on 8th street in Holland that is wonderful. Great sellection, good prices, friendly people and an open table.

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll be mini-vacationing in Holland between sessions of teaching at Blue Lake! Lizzie's is in the same area as the brewpub, I can park my DB and we can both indulge :hook

The only yarn shop that comes up in Yahoo is Friends of Wool on Washington Square in Holland. Anyone know about that one?

I just asked a friend of mine that works in Holland how she feels about Friends of Wool and this is what she said:

They just re-arranged it so that it's more open as you walk in. They

have specialty wools from England, Ireland, other northern European

countries, and South America; many hand dyed (and to dye for (I always

wanted to write that)). They have a large section of sock yarns, a separate

small room just for baby yarns, projects, and patterns, another small room

of accessories and sale items, and two LARGE windows in the front filled

with projects that they have finished to tempt and titillate. Every time

I've walked into Friends of Wool there is at least one person knitting or

crocheting to their hearts content. These people are serious! And they fall

over themselves to help with any problem or question, and never talk down to

you.

I learned how to knit by taking one of their classes. I actually try to NOT

go there because there are so many unimaginably beautiful yarns from all

over the world that the stashaholic in me can't resist. Last night I saw a

pair of Noro socks on display. Oh. My. Goodnes. It's truly one of those

dangerous yarn stores.

HTH,

:bounce

I spent a week in Holland last summer as we wanted to visit Saugatuck. My hubby spent his summers there every year as a child and wanted to return after 25 years. It never occurred to me that there would be a LYS there. Now I know for next time!! :)

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll be mini-vacationing in Holland between sessions of teaching at Blue Lake! Lizzie's is in the same area as the brewpub, I can park my DB and we can both indulge :hook

The only yarn shop that comes up in Yahoo is Friends of Wool on Washington Square in Holland. Anyone know about that one?

Catherine, it is absolutely just down the street from the Brew Pub. As a matter of fact, Lizzie Anne's and the Brew Pub are the 2 best reasons to go to Holland. Friends of Wool was great as well, just too crowded for my taste and the day I was there, no open table. For me personally, an open table is one of the criteria for a good LYS

Archived