50% off Joann's

Nope. They'll only be accepted on the dates printed on them.

I have my flyer ones -and- my e-mail ones at the ready. If you have both, you can use one of each, each day. As long as the bar codes are different.

Example: I need to pick up 3 balls of a $5.99 yarn for a project... so I am using my 40% off from my e-mail, my 50% Friday coupon from the e-mail, and the 50% Friday coupon from the flyer.

Hope that helps.

Saturday, I don't know if I will be using my coupons at all. I work both days, so I will be in the store both days. We'll see. ;)

I'm also going to take advantage of the 30% off Pink-Stickered clearance for Friday and Saturday, and pick up some Caron Wintuk in that grey color to make Snuggles for the Snuggle Project. :D

That's pretty nice that they let an employee use the coupons!

So you can use multiple coupons in one transaction, so you can use a coupon per skein? That's sweet!

Thanks for letting us know, Suebee42

So, I can use 2 coupons at the same time?

Example: I need to buy two sets of needlemaster cases. (One for mom and one for me.) Could I take both up to the register and use a flyer coupon for one, and the email coupon for the other? Or would I need to make two trips to the register?

So, I can use 2 coupons at the same time?

Example: I need to buy two sets of needlemaster cases. (One for mom and one for me.) Could I take both up to the register and use a flyer coupon for one, and the email coupon for the other? Or would I need to make two trips to the register?

You can use both coupons in the same transaction, as long as they are different. So, yes, one e-mail and one flyer is fine. :) If the store balks at that, they're not following company policy. Our store is a real stickler for policy on that kind of stuff...

Yep, we can use coupons as employees, we just forfeit our employee discount. ;)

Thankie!

I'll be spending tomorrow night calling around to local Joanns to try to locate the cases so I can be there promptly at opening Friday. My mom loves to knit and has an incomplete set of circulars, and I have no circulars and need 'em to finish a project. :yarn

All knitting needles and crochet hooks are on sale for those 2 days at my JoAnns for 40% off. You can't use the coupons if they're already on sale.

Michaels also has the Boyle circular needlemaster kit (that's where I got mine). You can also use JoAnn's coupons at Michaels (only one coupon per visit). NOTE: You have to use an actual JoAnns flyer coupons, not an emailed coupon at Michaels.

All knitting needles and crochet hooks are on sale for those 2 days at my JoAnns for 40% off. You can't use the coupons if they're already on sale.

Michaels also has the Boyle circular needlemaster kit (that's where I got mine). You can also use JoAnn's coupons at Michaels (only one coupon per visit).

Oh I hadn't noticed that stuff was going to be on sale. But, yeah, the policy is the coupons can only be used on regular-priced items, not sale items.

Jo-Ann's also takes Michael's coupons on items both stores sell... a lot of people don't know that... nifty little secret. LOL!

For anyone thinking of printing lots of e-mail coupons and sending family members through the registers with them, to be honest, we really frown on the "printing out 10 coupons and sending an army to the checkouts to skirt around the rules" thing... I'm not going to judge anyone, but if too much of that type of stuff happens, they start changing the coupon rules again to make it harder... I don't want to see them do something drastic like stop doing e-mail coupons. :(

I edited mine, too... to edit the quote of your post, and change my wording a little... just so the general point is still there. ;)

Just adding to the whole coupon explanation for whoever needs it.

Oh I hadn't noticed that stuff was going to be on sale. But, yeah, the policy is the coupons can only be used on regular-priced items, not sale items.

Jo-Ann's also takes Michael's coupons on items both stores sell... a lot of people don't know that... nifty little secret. LOL!

I don't know if all JoAnn's do this, but mine will let you use coupons on sale items, as long as the sale price is less than your coupon. They take the coupon discount off the regular price though. You just need to tell them you want the regular price before they scan it.

You can also use any craft store coupons, not just Michael's and they can all be used at the same time.

Just adding to the whole coupon explanation for whoever needs it.

I don't know if all JoAnn's do this, but mine will let you use coupons on sale items, as long as the sale price is less than your coupon. They take the coupon discount off the regular price though. You just need to tell them you want the regular price before they scan it.

You can also use any craft store coupons, not just Michael's and they can all be used at the same time.

No, this policy officially changed on December 26, 2005. If your store is still doing this, they are violating company policy. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

OOooh boy, I spent way too much today. :blush No Joann's stores nearby had the Needlemaster set in stock.

Joann's Store 1 - Bought the Joann's Essentials cutting table, used a 50% coupon to buy the 'Ultimate Sweater Machine', used the online 50% coupon to buy the row counter for the USM. Also bought a "Q" hook that was 40% off via their sale.

Michaels 1 - Bought the Needlemaster Set for myself using a 50% coupon that was mailed to me by Jimmy_Lu (I believe) from here.

Michaels 2 - Bought a second Needlemaster Set with a Joann's 50% coupon that they gave me yesterday when I was in the store. (handed me another flyer, which I didn't ask for) This set is for my mom. Also bought 50 crocheted afghan borders, which I've been looking to find for months.

Joann's Store 2 - Bought "Crochet for Today" book.

I hope I have a good time up until the credit card bill arrives. :eek

No, this policy officially changed on December 26, 2005. If your store is still doing this, they are violating company policy. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

I didn't know their policy had changed. I very rarely asked for the coupon price because, well, I usually buy too much that isn't on sale that I want the coupon for. I haven't asked in a long time, but I'm pretty sure they let me use a coupon after Dec. Occassionally, the manager has even let me use coupons the night before a big sale, telling me "it's close enough to tomorrow we'll count it." I don't ask for that, but several of the sales people there recognize me and they have gotten permission from her.Tells you how much I shop there. :lol They only do this when I'm the only customer in line, and they tell me to be discreet so no one else will ask to use theirs too.

Wow, CraftyShannon, you're very lucky. I hope they don't get caught violating company policy like that. I'll admit, my manager is a major stickler for policy. We follow stuff like that to the letter. Of course, that makes it easier to know where you stand, as an employee. I wouldn't want to work at the store where you shop... that would drive me crazy.

Why make policies and put dates on things if they're not going to be followed?

(sorry, I'll get down off my soapbox... it just bugs me that they make up policies and rules, and my store works so hard to follow them all and keep up with them, while other stores ignore it and do whatever they want. They're probably a greater contributor to the company changing store policies than the "coupon abusers" are. *sigh* )

Archived