Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HeeHee - I know what you mean! I can't keep track of what everyone is doing! No, I haven't started a PS as yet, but its on my list though. I just started another quilt afghan last night in lilac, purple and varigated. I'll post a picture when I get a square done.

Yes, AJ, those are all SS brights. I know I am in the minority but I simply HATE working with SS! It splits adn knots when you don't want it too and when you WANT a knot you can't get it to knot! Give me Red Heart anytime!:lol

Lynn

I know I am in the minority but I simply HATE working with SS! It splits adn knots when you don't want it too and when you WANT a knot you can't get it to knot! Give me Red Heart anytime!:lol

Lynn

I completely agree with you 100%. Love RH for afghans....:manyheart

well I have two rows of three panels done . and I think I am going to run out of woodsy green . I have checked with joanns and they don't have it in stock so I guess I am will have to order it from caron. On top of that my aran are two different shades and it was sent straight from the company . It is not that noticeable but I know it . I haven't put any on the section that I am going to show you .

th_102_1815.jpg

th_102_1814.jpg

I think its coming out really nice . It just bugs me that there is a slight color change.

Snbarclay. That is stunning!!! It annoys me too when there is a slight colour change. I have an afghan where that happened and although in daylight it is not obvious, I know it is there. Here I buy yarn that is number coded and dyelot coded so I never know the name of the colour. This particular one had the same colour and dyelot code and yet was slightly different.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well on your afghans. I have been doing the Prairie Star and have been saying I would post a picture, so I best get over my shyness and do it! I am doing colors that are similar to the pattern picture, and am going pretty darn slowly compared to all of you, but this one has been fun to work on. Here is my first ever Crochetville picture:

3fd31241.jpg

Gorgeous Dianne. It will not be too arduous to frog :no I lost the plot in one of my corners at the end and had to frog a few. I unpicked the last row of the diamonds.... some needed only half the last row and then I made sure I stacked them in the order that they were originally layed out so that I did not run short of the yarn that originally made up the diamond.

The colour combination is very Victorian and lovely. Now you at least have satisfied that urge we all have to see how the colors work together so with that in mind, you will grin and frog:clap We will cheer you on.

OMG!! i need me one of those. i love the pattern and i really love the colors. i know, i'm one of those people that likes brite colors and wild stuff. if you ever decide to make another one just like it, you can store it at my house:blush :hook:lol

Ok --- Shannon's crazy fan quiltghan is done!!!!! Thankfully!!!!!

Its really colorful isn't it? Reminds me os a circus but that's what she wanted!

Lynn

ShannonsAfghan_02.jpg

ShannonsAfghan_01.jpg

ShannonsAfghanClose-up.jpg

Ok, I took some yarn and did the center 6 diamonds of the Prairie Star.

Here's a quick shot of the center:

blankets-386.jpg

Open.jpg

Excuse all the fibre ends all over the place -- I've had this yarn for a while and it's gotten kind of... bushy ;)

Snbarclay. That is stunning!!! It annoys me too when there is a slight colour change. I have an afghan where that happened and although in daylight it is not obvious, I know it is there. Here I buy yarn that is number coded and dyelot coded so I never know the name of the colour. This particular one had the same colour and dyelot code and yet was slightly different.

i was trying to save a fewcents by buying aran in mainstays at walmart. then they ran out or quit carrying it. i found aran in RH, but it's a tiny bit more beige-y(is that a word?) andi didn't notice it till i had finished all but 3 squares of that color group. well, it's not enough to stop the afghan in it's tracks, but just enough to make me growl :angry .

Well one thing for sure - the bright colors will look good in her room. She just painted 2 of her bedroom walls bright orange and the other 2 lime green!

Lynn

Lynn

that is just STUNNING ~~~

Really beautiful and perfect for a young girl ~~~

Donna - glad you got mostly good news from the Dr's . Hope the heart monitor thing turns out ok too .

We're all thinking of you . :manyheart

Lynn Beautiful. I want a dresdan plate one now. I'm in love with it.

Now also id\f I could make the four hearts and then the levaes for a Rose of Sharon.

Here I gop again.

Mary Ann

Thanks to AJ, Forines and Brandy for coming to the rescue with your photos. Mine DEFINITELY does not look like those, so I must have done something wrong . I was doing my sc into the previous diamond all the way around .. like the 2nd into the first, the third into the second , etc .

Do you put all your sc's into the FIRST diamond ?

Could someone who has already done this possibly take a close up photo of the center ? I have started one and don't know if there is supposed to be a hole in the center or not . Or is it supposed to be all tightly -joined ?

Mine has a hole .

Julie I am closing mine at the bottom points. No hole. Now do I have you confused?

Mary Ann I am working on that one now and have 3 diamonds joined. But I am going to hand sew my good one.:lol

Thanks to AJ, Forines and Brandy for coming to the rescue with your photos. Mine DEFINITELY does not look like those, so I must have done something wrong . I was doing my sc into the previous diamond all the way around .. like the 2nd into the first, the third into the second , etc .

Do you put all your sc's into the FIRST diamond ?

Yea, the way I did it was all the sc joins go into the very FIRST sc join. Like 2nd into 1st, 3rd into 1st, and so on.

The first time I did mine, I read the instructions to mean "into the previous join" and started it like you said, 2nd into 1st and 3rd into 2nd. I had the bigger hole too, and on mine the diamonds laid out a bit... wonky. I decided to rip them out and rejoin and then it worked and looked like the picture.

Lynn...that is beautiful! I think she will love it. I am going to show my youngest dd as she loves bright colors too!

To all who posted pics of their prairie stars and other ghans (the blocks are gorgeous too) and colors and palettes...WOW...They are all beaUtiful!

I'm still reading so will post more later...just thought I'd better reply now with so many more pages to read!

Theresa

When I did my prairie star, on the orginial pattern I think I read where your went around the previous sc.....and I alternated back and forth so I didnt have a hole....:think Now I am wondering if I read it wrong or what. I cant find the pattern as Mary put it somewhere, which means that it is lost until I clean out my pattern book holder....:eek Oh well..... :manyheart

Hmm.. *digging out my pattern*

In the NOTE section, it says "Where 3, 4, or 6 points come together, join at points by sc into the sc of a previous joining."

I originally tried it 2nd into 1st, 34d into 2nd, and so on, but that didn't look right when all 6 were joined (and it left the big hole) so I went back and rejoined all into the 1st sc (2nd into 1st, 3rd into 1st, 4th into 1st and so on) and this made it have the tight even join of the picture from the pattern.

I don't think the pattern is worded well at ALL on this part, which is why I think there's a great deal of room for different interpretations.

I don't think any one way is wrong or right, just what looks best to the person working on the pattern. After all, it's ourselves that we have to please :)

Brandy - I love that block pattern what book did you find it in

I didnt find it in a pattern book. It was one of those free ones hanging by the yarn at the store. I picked it up when I picked up the ps several years ago. I looked on-line and cant find one, but if I come across it again I will let you know.

As for pics...do you have it uploaded to photobucket? If so underneath the pic in photo bucket you will see three sections of codes. Use the url one, copy and paste it in the box that you pop up where you post your message and then click ok and pic should appear in message....Thats not too confusing right...:think Hope it helps...:)

Archived