Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Ok have 1 word for you all.... Bad!! So I know most of you have been busy on your crocheted quilts.. I am just starting... or will be soon...Shame Julie shame on you lol ...

I decided since I have so many projects here to do a baby blocks quilt. It is the pattern from cost & clark on the purplekitty yarns site.. One of the sites Julie had up on the first posting.... So time will tell here .... And now see what you have all done to me lol... Now I have to learn how to post a picture here lol... I know how to do one on email.. guess it is about time I learn something new !!!lol

I also ordered the snb book and The big book of crochet thru Overstock.com so waiting to get those..... so much yarn so many patterns and books here I will never quit crocheting lol...Good thing my hubby loves and appreciates my crochet talent!!

This is my first along thing so any suggesions??

:manyheart

Hummywinger~HAH!! i knew you couldn't resist:laughroll . a baby quiltghan is still a quiltghan. and my only suggestion is to have fun. :dance like you've got a choice about that either.

Evelyn~i like your colors. its going to be stunning.:yes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really like your colors you picked out. its what i would have done. similar to the colors i'm using in my ATW, except i have a variagated thrown in.

you know, i've enjoyed looking at all the prairie stars, but hadn't seen the diagram for it. when i saw yours, i didn't see the star. i saw the optical illusion that makes it look like stacked blocks. how weird is that? or am i just nutz? (don't answer that).:P

I found that tumbling block pattern that I had. You work it the same way you do the ps but it looks like blocks instead.

IM001801.jpg

Just thought I would share that since Dazy mentioned that it looks like stacked blocks.

Darlene I know all about the stash thing....My daughter went *shopping* in my stash for her quiltghan...:rofl

Brandy-

That is so nice that Mary is taking such an interest in crocheting . We are all enjoying her participating and she replies to these posts like a pro ! You are raising a good girl who will someday be a senior member of the c-ville 'hood .....

Someday when I'm old and grey (ER) , I will join one of HER crochetalongs . We will all help her get a good foundation to start on . :)

Darlene

I'm 3 pages away from the end of the posts, but I can see you slowly S_L_I_D_I_N_G over the edge of the cliff.

You're trying to NOT join, but as I read your posts, it sounds more and more like you're gonna ....

I bet by the time I get to the end , I'll see that you signed up . :D

AJ -

Well , my advice is -- DO THEM BOTH .

You are really speedy so i bet you could knock out both of them before the Fourth and JUST IN TIME to join up in my NEW CAL GROUP . :D

Love the colors , by the way-- that'd be great to have that program and see how your quilt would look before making it .

Ok --- Shannon's crazy fan quiltghan is done!!!!! Thankfully!!!!!

Its really colorful isn't it? Reminds me os a circus but that's what she wanted!

Lynn

ShannonsAfghan_02.jpg

ShannonsAfghan_01.jpg

ShannonsAfghanClose-up.jpg

Thank you Brandy. I was afraid everyone would think the colors too circuslike. I do like this pattern though

Lynn

My gosh,

These boards are definitely SMOKING today ......

It took me half an hour to go thru all the posts .

If I forgot to reply to anyone, it certainly wasn't intentional. I try to answer you all .

You guys keep me jumping ,that's for sure !

Could someone who has already done this possibly take a close up photo of the center ? I have started one and don't know if there is supposed to be a hole in the center or not . Or is it supposed to be all tightly -joined ?

Mine has a hole .

Julie -- granted I don't have the Prairie Star I've finished in front of me any more, but let me dig up some of the pics I took of it and we'll see what we can find :)

Gimme just a couple of mins...

Could someone who has already done this possibly take a close up photo of the center ? I have started one and don't know if there is supposed to be a hole in the center or not . Or is it supposed to be all tightly -joined ?

Mine has a hole .

Good morning Julie. As per your request here is a close up of the middle. Mine did not have a hole as such. As you join your middle diamonds you do your sc stitch so that they mesh on top of one another. Does that make sense?

I do not have my afghan here as my mum ended up claming this one. My sister missed out. I have posted the closest photo I took while I was making it. I hope this helps.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=329379720&photoID=2230294150058018460&security=exKMGo

Here you go Julie:

blankets-310center.jpg

blankets-297center.jpg

Yea, it's supposed to be as tight as possible. Are you getting a hole with your joins? What I did when I joined mine in the ch 5 spaces (like the center of the star) was pull the sc tighter than I usually would to make sure it stayed a nice tight join.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks you guys! You are so sweet! I started it when this cal started. I had already done about 2 or 3 blocks. It wasn't very hard to do, just a LOT of ends to weave in. Actually 18 ends to each fan plus the white ends! I got SOOOOO tired of weaving ends in!

Lynn

Oh my GOOOOODNESS that's a LOT of ends!:eek

You're a saint! I loathe weaving in ends with a passion (and that Prairie Star really tried my patience with ends, grrrrr.)

Are those SS Brites? (and a few other colors?)

Its really colorful isn't it? Reminds me os a circus but that's what she wanted!

Lynn

ShannonsAfghan_02.jpg

ShannonsAfghan_01.jpg

Lyn that is superb!! It is not too circus- like. I would love that quilt in those colours. It is bright and cheerful and so perfectly worked.

I really must keep a notebook to keep track of who is doing what. I seem to remember seeing the PS you are working on. Or was that someone else? Loosing it!!!!:eek

I am working on a quilt layout (the jewel box) and it is coming along dispite all the numerous mini squares it requires. I am making it in colours chosen by my husband and daughter so it is not quite my cup of tea. The colours are now beginning to strike a note so I think it will be OK.

I am also daydreaming about the next one so I will keep on with the show until I sew on that last square.

hmmm.... not trying to weaken your willpower (oh yes, I am - why should you be the only one without UFO's!:devil ) - but I seriously think that with your physical concerns, what you need is to start your lovely star bedspread :hook and soothe your heart. Lots cheaper than a medical solution.....Ok, I have an ulterior motive; I wanted to ask what issue of the mag (Crochet Patterns by Herschner's, right?) you won on eBay - I'd like to start searching for it, too!

I am relieved for you that you don't have to have surgery, either for your back or wrist - and I'm rooting for you with the (dratted) Holter monitor - hopefully it will show some information instead of putting you through the 24 hours of inconvenience and then show *nothing*.

LOL You're evil! Actually the bedspread I'm making my niece is a completely different one than that! The one that kinda looks like the prarie star is the one in the Hersners catalog. I'll have to fish it out of my bag and get back to you with the exact issue.

I honestly can't start anything this week except a pattern I promised a friend of mine that I'd test for her. She's anxious to sell the pattern so needs it tested stat. But thanks for pointing me into more UFO's! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Lynn

ShannonsAfghan_02.jpg

ShannonsAfghan_01.jpg

OMG! That is just stunning! I am blown away! It's just beautiful!!! Which pattern is that????

Archived