Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

That looks gorgeous!! It's going to be just stunning when it's done. I love the blue/yellow color contrast. Quite striking.

"... easier pattern ..." LOL I TOTALLY identify with you here! :cheer

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tyAJ. I love blue and yellow together.... My hubby is teasing me and saying that he is going to raffle it off to the other towns high school, Sterling Warriors, cause their colors are blue and gold.... And he told me I could never use it at a football game here in our town because their colors are black and green....Thinking that might cause a few frowns :ohdear . Oh well... :devil

Just 10 more! (if my count is right, that makes 225 diamonds. I'll have to go back and count again to double check.) But there are only 10 more on my pattern chart that aren't colored in yet :D:D

YAY!

Do all of you join your things together as you go? Just wondering if I should be doing that with my nine patch instead of making a bunch of squares. All of your pics that you guys have posted are beautiful. Ive been bad and have busy reading on here so much that I havnt crochet in a day. Can someone tell me what a yo-yo square is please?

Welcome Chris.....Cant wait to see what you got going.....

Update on progress.....

Managed to clip back roses, all 15 of them....Take daughter and friend to mall.... do more laundry.....take son to friends.....and put the edging on the block that everyone likes .....:yayIM001680.jpg

Ok now only have 11 more blocks to go...... :think Thinking that I should have picked an easier pattern.....

Good morning. I am just starting my day and have just read what I missed.

Brandy - I vote for this colour combination. Great choice. It is such a beautiful motif design.

Update: I have 28 diamonds to go. I can see and feel the end. Will I make it?

AJ -You must be close to the finish line. Remember that you made that 'ghan

with love for your niece. Who cares if SIL does not appreciate the work that went into making it.

I am progressing but have slowed down considerably.

Just 10 more! (if my count is right, that makes 225 diamonds. I'll have to go back and count again to double check.) But there are only 10 more on my pattern chart that aren't colored in yet :D:D

YAY!

AJ I need to learn to read all the posts in the thread. I have just asked how close you are to the finish line. 10 more to go:cheer You will finish !!!!

Doggone, you guys are doing good !

I just came on to post that I only have 96 squares to go, and some of you have like 10 or 20 .

GEEZOW :eek

Anyhow, I'm gonna work on my ripple a little more tonite. I'm about squared out for today . Need a little change of pace .

Will check in with you all again in the morning ~~~ :)

Forines - wow 28 to go! That's awesome! You WILL make it!

If I can do it, you definitely can, too!:cheer

I am loosing the puff in my engine and am now attacking each diamond like it is my enemy. Not good. I do this to myself all the time. The next one is not going to be a motif one.... no way. I will make one where I just go across or round and round. There I have had my rave and I now feel much better.

Welcome to all the brave who have been enticed to join this CAL.:hug I, like Brandy, am loosing track of the names.

I am loosing the puff in my engine and am now attacking each diamond like it is my enemy. Not good. I do this to myself all the time. The next one is not going to be a motif one.... no way. I will make one where I just go across or round and round. There I have had my rave and I now feel much better.

Welcome to all the brave who have been enticed to join this CAL.:hug I, like Brandy, am loosing track of the names.

I agree. I'm looking at these last 5 trying to figure out a way to just leave them off. LOL Of course that won't work, but I'm trying. ;)

This will be the last motif afghan I do for a while. It's just so much more demanding than a row by row. Sure it's pretty, but wow, SO MUCH WORK!

:woo I just won 7 more skeins of my cornmeal on :ebay :Someone is probably really mad at me right about now...:rant I waited til the last possible moment to bid....:nahnah

THanks forines...everyone seems to like it also...including hubby and my kids..

Awesome job on the diamonds. You and AJ are going to be done in no time at all:clap

Thanks Gleda.....:ty

I agree. I'm looking at these last 5 trying to figure out a way to just leave them off. LOL Of course that won't work, but I'm trying. ;)

This will be the last motif afghan I do for a while. It's just so much more demanding than a row by row. Sure it's pretty, but wow, SO MUCH WORK!

5 more to go!!! You go girl!!! Now AJ what are 5 more motifs when you have done 100005 of them? Slight exaggeration .... sure feels as though I have done that many. I have completed ten more since I last posted..... 18 to go and ..... I must confess a few( only a few half motifs).

Thank you AJ ... working alongside with you has kept me on task. :hug

Now I need to make myself look presentable and do some housework and then I will continue. :lol

5 more to go!!! You go girl!!! Now AJ what are 5 more motifs when you have done 100005 of them? Slight exaggeration .... sure feels as though I have done that many. I have completed ten more since I last posted..... 18 to go and ..... I must confess a few( only a few half motifs).

Thank you AJ ... working alongside with you has kept me on task. :hug

Now I need to make myself look presentable and do some housework and then I will continue. :lol

I think the same way! With both of us being so close in where we are on the pattern, it's definitely been a great pick-me-up as far as keeping on it!

:cheer

:cheerGo AJ.....You can do it....:cheer Go AJ....YOU can do it..:rofl

Ok so my kids are not at home and I should be crocheting, but I had to post some stuff on my blog first and I am trying to wait for it too cool down just a little bit. It is muggy right now and yarn is sticking to fingers....But I will be a good girl and have another block done tomorrow...(what time not really sure)...But tomorrow it will be ..... :devil

back again... almost done with taxes, though; boy, do they cut into prime crochet time :wink

and I see you guys are up to page 57 - the last post I'd seen was on page 43! - not only can't I make any headway in crochet, I can't even keep up on the posts! :help (Julie, you must be using magic to do so:2magic , now 'fess up)

Julie - I'm a lowly trombone player (we low brass are a source of much amusement to the rest of the orchestra) (other Sundays I ring English HandBells, any ringers out there?). I wish I could play piano - now, there's a tough instrument... And the Lord likes your singing voice - His choice, after all :) , so go ahead and sing! Others just don't know how best to listen...

I do have caron simply soft in the pastels - probably enough, I hope, thank you so much for the offer of help! I've been working on the design, trying to make it smaller (54x77 inches is a bit big for a babyghan, don't you think?). I used my son's mosaic tiles to create a smaller version of the pattern, and I think I've got it:

By taking out one layer of the star (drops colors to 4: A, B, C, and F), I can still get the basic effect. However, that only shrinks the 'ghan down by (3.75")x2 in width and 8" in length to 47x69 in. That's still a little big for a babyghan. I suppose I could take out another star layer, but the result isn't nearly as pretty. What I really need to do is shrink the diamonds.

Working in the simply soft will help (light ww, slightly skinnier than the original pattern fiber), and perhaps a smaller hook - anybody doing the 'Star - have some suggestions? Would taking out a round of each motif work?

I'm going to start with the design changes I've got and see how large/small my diamonds turn out to be. Colors A-light pink, B-orchid, C-light blue, and F-Babybrights pastel variegated. Here I:bounce go!

Archived