Please help with the pattern

Lunatica

Question

8 answers to this question

This is my take on the instructions:

Rnd 1: Ch 4, sc into the 1st chain to create a loop.

Rnd 2: 1 dc in each ch and sc (although it doesn't say to ch 3, in place of the first stitch, I would and will write the next few rows with that)

Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in back loop of the same stitch, ch 1, 2 dc in back loop on next dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in the back loop of the next dc, 2 dc in back loop of next dc, ch 1, 2 dc in back loop of next dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in back loop of next dc, sl st to top of beginning ch 3 to join.

Rnd 4: (All stitches worked in back loop only). Ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, *dc in ch, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc. Repeat from * 2 more times, dc in ch, 2 dc in next dc, sl st to join.

Let me know if you need more help, but it seems to just continue in this manner till you get to the last 3 rows. It also might help to print out the pattern and take it to a copy machine and blow it up larger, to make the symbols easier to see. Also maybe use a highlighter to mark off the rows completed to help you keep track.

Those look like English instructions. According to the pattern you ch 4 then sl st to form a ring. I'm just stumped from there where to go.

If I had to guess, you'd be working in a spiral from there and work 6 sc in ring, continue around without joining rnds.

It also looks like you're working the sc in the BLO.

Thanks all, especially you crochet smartcat :clap ! I will follow these instructions, and see how it will turn out. I thought that raised dc is dc in front post, so it was confusing how will i do front post dc in ch. Now with your instructions it looks much clearly. Thanks again!

If you can you might check your gauge on this. I believe that Adriafil patterns use the British crochet terms. So in other words, where it says DC (or an "X" in the diagram) that would be the equivalent of one of our SC (single crochet). The blocked out circle which they call SC is in reality a slip stitch. The symbol that looks like a tall "t" and they call a Treble stitch is actually the US DC (double crochet).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but looking at the diagram, I believe they're using the International symbols which is X means our US SC, , etc as I described above. The best way to know for sure is if your item is looking way too big, then it's in the British terms.

Here's a table that may help:

AMERICAN terms = BRITISH terms

Slip Stitch = Single Crochet

SC = Double Crochet

HDC = Half Treble

DC = Treble

Triple Crochet = Double Treble

Double Triple = Triple/Treble treble

The table didn't come out lined up so I put equal signs in there to try to help you see the differences in terms.

Good luck! :hook

Those look like English instructions. According to the pattern you ch 4 then sl st to form a ring. I'm just stumped from there where to go.

If I had to guess, you'd be working in a spiral from there and work 6 sc in ring, continue around without joining rnds.

It also looks like you're working the sc in the BLO.

If you can you might check your gauge on this. I believe that Adriafil patterns use the British crochet terms. So in other words, where it says DC (or an "X" in the diagram) that would be the equivalent of one of our SC (single crochet). The blocked out circle which they call SC is in reality a slip stitch. The symbol that looks like a tall "t" and they call a Treble stitch is actually the US DC (double crochet).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but looking at the diagram, I believe they're using the International symbols which is X means our US SC, , etc as I described above. The best way to know for sure is if your item is looking way too big, then it's in the British terms.

Here's a table that may help:

AMERICAN terms = BRITISH terms

Slip Stitch = Single Crochet

SC = Double Crochet

HDC = Half Treble

DC = Treble

Triple Crochet = Double Treble

Double Triple = Triple/Treble treble

The table didn't come out lined up so I put equal signs in there to try to help you see the differences in terms.

Good luck! :hook

I believe above explanations are correct. I've long wanted to try an adriafil pattern so here goes my interpretation of it in U.S. terms:

Rnd 1: ch 4, join w/ sl st to form ring. work 6 sc in ring, do not join, work continously in rounds.

Rnd 2: WORKING IN BACK LOOPS ONLY from this round onwards,

(2 Sc in next sc, ch 1, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc, ch 1, sc in same sc) twice

Rnd 3: sc in next 2 sc, (3 sc in ch 1, sc in next 3 sc) 3 times, 3 sc in ch 1, sc in last sc (24 sc)

Rnd 4: sc in next 3 sc, (3 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc) 3 times, 3 sc in next sc, sc in last 2 sc (32 sc)

Archived