Starting a blog

kmadel

Hi, all! I am toying with the idea of starting a blog, but I have no idea how you even do it! Can anyone give me a quick run down of where to start?

:think

Thanks!

Krista

I like blogger with yahoo 360 it took forever with dialup to load photos. If you want help this is the place to ask I had so many people help me with mine.

When you are set up let us know!!

blogger was self explainatory with most of the set up! IMHO

I agree with Jimmie Lu - I used Blogger to create my blog. It's free and pretty much walks you through the entire process. All you need to do is go to www.blogger.com and you too can have your very own blog!

But if you get stuck, feel free to blast me an e-mail. I'm not the world's leading expert on blogs but I'd be happy to help.

I myself have also moved over to blogger. So far it's suiting me nicely.

I used to use My space but deleted that one, and then I had one a live journal but didn't have enough flexibility. Being a natural journaler it just seemed natural to move onto the net as well.

So I'm at blogger as it lets you use the templates and still add stuff as well as you learn. There are lots of good sites. I'm lucky that my college business program required a class in HTML so I learned the basics of HTML a few years ago, and I've been able to brush up with website tutorials too.

But blogger is a simple way to start up as it's click and choose type stuff.

Anyone here would be more than happy to help you with any other questions you may have like adding links and the such.

Thanks, for the suggestions -- I'll check out Blogger later today and see what's what. I'll let you know if/when I get up & running!

Krista

I think it's all about how deeply you want to get involved into the design and features of it.

I have a blogger blog, I'm not satisfied with it as far as design is concerned, but it's simple and easy to use

I have a b2evolution blog that's got more features and more design possibilities, the process is quite easy too but you have to install it on your PC and have to upload the programm, eventually you've got to be familiar with mysql, if you want to make regular backups for instance.

I saw crochetme! offered blogs for crocheters that look both simple and well conceived, (if I had known, I would have chosen those).

My advice would be to browse existing blogs and try the one that both looks and works the way you like it :)

• 1 month later...

Archived