Help with Baby Bee Pitter Patter Eyelash Yarn

tnlefty

Question

I purchased the above yarn to make a baby blanket because it feels wonderful to the touch. However, I haven't found a pattern that works up fast and is easy to do. I'm having trouble working with this yarn as it is bulky and hard to see where my hook should go.

I'm leaving for a trip on Friday and wanted to take this with me to work on in the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:think

9 answers to this question

Most eyelash yarns are difficult to see, so my best advice is to do it by feel. You can usually feel the thread that holds the eyelash together and go by that. As far as the pattern, because the yarn is so beautiful on its own, I'd just do a long chain and sc rows. You don't even need to trim it. You could also combine it with a ww baby yarn in a contrasting colour to give it some weight, but it's not necessary.

Good luck!

For me personally I either use a contrasting yarn with it or use a larger hook. I wouldn't be able to work with that kind of yarn in the car, too much bumping and moving around... When traveling I usually stick to regular WW yarns...

Thanks for the advice. When I wrote down the kind of yarn I put the name right off the label. However this is not what I call "eyelash yarn". This yarn is very bulky, kind of like "chenelle"(?).

I can do it by feel and have tried a HDC, but it will take forever with this stitch or a SC. I guess I know what I have to do, but I just was hoping there was another way:eek Besides, I felt the need to WHINE this morning:devil

Thanks for the advice. When I wrote down the kind of yarn I put the name right off the label. However this is not what I call "eyelash yarn". This yarn is very bulky, kind of like "chenelle"(?).

I can do it by feel and have tried a HDC, but it will take forever with this stitch or a SC. I guess I know what I have to do, but I just was hoping there was another way:eek Besides, I felt the need to WHINE this morning:devil

That's ok! You can whine whenever you want!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it! I haven't been able to try all the Yarn Bee Yarns yet but out of what I have worked with, I have loved!

I'm using a Yarn Bee Yarn right now but it's not that one, and I've also used Luscious. IMO, the Lion Brand Pound of Love Hooded Blanket, in simple shell stitch and without the hood, has been the simplest and most versatile pattern that has worked with most yarns. You might do a small swatch with that and see if it works out. I'm with you on Yarn Bee, though, the one I'm using now felt really soft but ended up being a pain to work with.

I bought some of this yarn a while back when it was on sale. Not sure what I'll do with it, but it does feel so wonderful! I was thinking of making myself a scarf for the cooler weather, but we'll see. Good luck with this, and I'll keep an eye out for your experience.

I got some of this a while ago when it was on sale also cause it felt good and I needed to make a baby afghan.Well......... I tried and tried and tried and got very frusterated with it. Even going by feel it is hard to use. Maybe a very very big hook would work but doing something for baby you can''t make the holes too big. I am saving mine for maybe some hats for the kiddies and will probably put it with thread to make it easier to use or with ww or just something. I was thinking the thread cause it would give me the thread as a guide. And I couldn't get it to show the pattern so a plain stitch might be best for this yarn. But you are so right it is VERY soft. Let us know when you find something and how it was so I can use mine too. ;) Nikki

:cheer Make a blanket using a Ripple pattern and a plain yarn, working into the back loop only on every second row.

:cheer Then, using the fancy yarn work rows of SC onto the ridges.

:cheer Fancy yarn is always easiest to use when knitted or when used as an add on.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/Zig-Zagrug.jpg

This is what I did on the Ripple Afghan in this link.

Hope it works out for you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Well ladies I wimped out. I returned the yarn and went back to my old standby of baby soft yarn:blush The blanket turned out beatifully. I wish I had taken a picture of the dress, bonnet & blanket before I wrapped them. The next set I make I will be sure and post.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has been frustrated by this yarn:hook

Archived