Help with my Blog, please

Qmare

why is it that when you click on the link to see my blog, all that shows up is the very first post as it was on the very first day waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I fixed the bottons and added many posts??? The same thing happens when I am in the editing portion of blogger and I click on the "view Blog" tab. But when I am in the template, and click "preview" it is fine. I've republished many times to no avail

:shrug :shrug :bang :bang :thair

OK... now it's back to linking to the old, very first time I posted. :thair :thair :thair :thair Why did it change???????

OK, so I tried to fix it by using a new template which erased my buttons. Now, I can't seem to get the buttons back on. I'm going to keep at it. But this is pretty frustrating. I'm usually pretty computer savy but don't have the time I need to really learn this.

Oye!:think

When I click the link in my signature line... I get that very first messed up page!

Hi Mare! I've just visited your blog to check what's going on. I can see it all right. About the buttons you lose, you can copy them from my blog if you want! :hug

Thanks, Vik. Your blog is great! How do I get it so that when you click on my signature line, you are taken to the most current page?

Hi Mare, everything looks fine to me when I click on your signature. I get todays post on top and see previous posts as I scroll down. I also see 2 buttons, is that right?

It appears that your link in your signature is correct now but to proper way to get to your blog should be:

http://quiltymare.blogspot.com/

and not something like this:

http://quiltymare.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_quiltymare_archive.html#113172171048555393

The bottom link will take you to a specific post. This may not be the problem at all but it's good info anyway.

Sometimes, I and many, many people in blogland have problems with Blogger. It can be kinda quirky!

Good luck!

I think that is the problem... because when I go look at it now, it's great.

Thanks, Sue!

Now, another question... how do I post a link here or in my sig line so that I can edit the hyperlink text? Like your sig line just has the text that you click on, not the actual address???

Here's how to do that:

First, copy your blog url by right-clicking the link and selecting (depending on what browser program you use) either "copy shortcut" (IE) or " copy link location" (Mozilla, all flavors), or whatever similar term appears in your right-click menu, if you are using another brand of browser.

Go to Edit signature in your User CP.

Type the word or words you want to use, such as My Blog (as an example), wherever you want it to appear in your sigline. Highlight what you just wrote by clicking at the beginning and (holding your mouse button down) dragging the mouse to the end of the word(s), then letting go of the button. You need for the word(s) to be highlighted in order to do the next step.

Then click the "link" icon on your editing tools bar, which should be similar to what you see in the message composition windows. It looks like this:

createlink.gif

In the popup box, paste the url you saved when you first started out on this little venture, then click the "ok" button.

Your word or words should now have an underline and be clickable from any of your posts!

HTH!

Archived