Rolling Yarn Tote from Jo-Anns

donnalynn2

I have been eyeing this for a week now. They have it on sale for $29.99 down from $49.99.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has one or has any opinions on it.

I really could use a nice rolling tote for my crochet classes as I always have a bunch of stuff to bring with me when I teach classes. Before I actually break down and buy one I was wondering if anyone else had taken a look at one or had one yet.

I want to make sure that it's durable. It appears to be all plastic which I'm not toooo crazy about. If it were fabric I'd feel better about it.

THANKS!

I don't have the yarn tote I have the Quilting Tote :cheer(it was on sale at the time, yarn tote wasn't).. it is almost identical in my opinion. Anyway I LOVE IT! I can take my crochet with me anywhere and I put a little lock on it and my kids can't get into it. Anyway I love mine.:bheart

I love the pockets for all the little stuff and it has a place for my knitting needles too for when I start taking my knitting out and about with me. I love rolling totes.:lol

Mine is fabric. It has zippers on the inside to take the cardboard out and then you and soak/surface wash the areas that get dirty. I have pictures of mine on my blog if you want to see what mine looks like.

I have it. I got it last day after Thanksgiving (black Friday) when it was on sale for the same price. They had pink or black then and I got the pink. Now it's pink or green.

I love love love it. It's not plastic but that vinyl stuff all of these type things are made out of. It should last a long time with care. It does have plastic pockets on the inside top so you'll want to be careful with those. I love all the storage and pockets it has. It's deep enough for for an afghan work in progress or several small projects. I've only used it at home so far but I have a huge lack of storage space so this is perfect for me.

I highly recommend it especially while it's on sale. :)

I have the quilting tote also (it was on sale for the same price). I absolutley love this. I can take and entire afghan project in one tote. There are places for my hooks, sissors, markers and patterns. I also really like the telscopic handle and the fact that it is on rollers.

I looked at the yarn tote and didn't see much difference. The one thing with Joanns is if you don't like the nylon/plastic, if you are willing to wait and keep checking back the quiliting tote will be on sale for the same price. I've seen them rotate with the sales.

Thanks so so much for all the replies! I already have two WIP totes at home but I don't like taking everything out them putting all the crochet class stuff in them on Saturday's. I would use this primarily for my classes (then again, I may like it so much I'll get 2! LOL) I was thinking it would be nice to have my own seperate tote for the class stuff and just keep it in my car.

Glad to know it's durable! Ok, I'm sold! Think I'll go to Jo-Anns tonite and pick it up!!!

You all are bad:devil I just ended up spending $150 at Joann.com after seeing the post about this rolling tote and going to look at it...ergh!

:haha :haha :haha None of us can resist a good sale, especially where crochet is concerned! :shop

I can't tell you about it yet, but I hope I can after this weekend! (It's on my birthday wish list.)

Archived