I've Run Out Of Ideas To Fix This!

Donna's crochet Designs

Question

I've been paging through this forum and found it a very helpful and fun filled place, so maybe you all can throw a little help my way!

Mine is a design delimia so should I say lack of? I just finished designing about a dozen weeding theme patterns for my e-bay store and one just isn't coming out right. The idea was cute, but small purses that can go easily into special occassion or weddings--you know small yet big enough for essencials?

It is a simple drawstring purse. All white--wedding white, you get it--added pearls and a lacey top, but still it is lacking something, so much so I haven't listed it with my other patterns. I was thinking of adding a rose like in a ring pillow I did, but its sooo done sooo often I just can't bring myself to do it.

I can't figure out how to post my pictures here, but they can be found on my blog: http://donnacrochetdesign.blogspot.com

I've run out of ideas, please help!

6 answers to this question

It wouldn't match the pillow exactly, but I would try doing crocheted shells instead for the body. Or do something a little more "lacey" and line it with white satin.

I think it's quite pretty - does it have a strap or something to go around the wrist?

Thank you for taking time to look at my draw string purse.

Yes it does have a strap for the wrist. Don't you just hate it when you find the right purse but have problems keeping track of the little booger?

I like the shell idea as well as the medllion one. I guess I was so hung up on roses that I couldn't come up with anything else. It really helps to get a second opinion!

Thank You!!

Hi Donna,

The drawstring purse and rose ring pillow are beautiful. Since I like little trinket boxes I would have given my bridesmaids one with something special in it as a gift. I do like roses and the pillow would have been place on my bed, but I also like birds, so how about two crocheted doves on each end of the drawstring? Perhaps the drawstring can be crocheted as well?:)

Desireé

I never thought of doves. Funny how things seem so obvious once someone else points it out! Right now the drawstring purse is going under a complete overhaul. I was so disgusted with it I had thought of just chucking it out all together, but after the ideas you all were so kind to share with me I've gotten my second wind. When it is complete I'll glady post pictures--if I can figure it out!

Archived