A question to moms with babies

crochetfun

Question

6 answers to this question

you can try this site http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/head-sizes.html#blanket it gives you measurements of different baby items. I would say if you were making a blanket for a car seat make it about half the size of a crib blanket.

I have that site bookmarked:) Unfortunately, it has no sizes for carseats.

Thanks for the suggestion.:)

Personally, when my almost 2 year old was younger, I liked having a larger sized blanket in the car to tuck around her. So, bigger than a recieving blanket. It's nice to be albe to really bundle her in the seat and make sure she's all toasty warm on cold days.

When I use blankets in my son's carseat (10mth old) I also like to have a large blanket that I can tuck in around him and have him all snuggly. So I also like ones that are bigger than receiving blankets. The other nice thing about having a larger blanket, is that they can still use them as they get bigger. I have a couple of really nice blankets that were gifts for my son (one was knitted by my aunt), but really he's not going to be able to use them much longer as they're just too small.

Oh, good, thanks for your suggestions. It's best to get advice from those who are currently using those little blankies. (My baby is 19, and I honestly don't remember what I used for her:think )

Archived