Buckle for Crocheted Purse?

gretelgrrl

Question

Hello!

This is a really random query (moderators, please feel free to place this wherever it's appropriate... I wasn't sure...)

Anyway, I designed this really cute purse that I crocheted and I am trying really hard to find a cute buckle for it.

Does anyone know where I can find these? :think

The selection at Michael's was really slim -and didn't have ones in a good size for my handbag (t needs to be fairly small - narrow). Then, I was looking online, but I couldn't find a site that sells them non-wholesale (I really don't need 100 buckles!:eek ).

This is a bag that has two buckles that I found online. Either buckle would work.

Any ideas on where one can buy these?

Thanks for your help-- I'll share the pattern as soon as the handbag is finished!

Molly

6 answers to this question

I don't know where to find them at a retail store but you might be able to buy a cheap belt or two. Or raid your closet for something that you don't want anymore but has a buckle you can use. Or try Joann's sewing section.

Yes, check your worn out belts and hubby's too. I got a great silver buckle off a worn belt my DH had bought out west. I'm saving it for a really good purse project.

Thrift stores are a great source for purses and belts. I have a small treasure trove of buckles and handles from other people's discards.

Archived