Wal Mart & Silhouettes catalog

jchllm

Went to WalMart last night and saw a lot of pretty spring tops that were crocheted. A long halter top was my favorite.....very pretty.

I also got a catalog "Silhouettes" in the mail and there were a lot of very nice things in there too from a dress, to a duster, to a short sleeve sweater..... so nice.

I saw some of those tops at Walmart. They looked so pretty. I also saw some really pretty scarves. Lacy and light...in bright spring colors. Just wish I had more time....:blush

In the little girl's section there were the cutest little shrugs. I have to make one of those for my daughter.:manyheart

Guest Catlizg

LOL - I saw those exact same items. In fact, my daughter and I were in Target looking at purses and bathing suits. She was amazed when I showed her all the things that were crocheted.

• 1 month later...
I don't think this is crocheted, although they claim it is :no

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4453272

what do you think?

I think you are right.

I've noticed when browsing the many clothing catalogs my mailbox gets swamped with (they've got my number :lol) that they really don't have a clue about the difference between knit and crochet, I saw MANY items mislabeled as one or the other. What I noticed is that any item that has an open, lacy kind of look is automatically labeled "crochet" and something with a more solid fabric look (ie no holes) is called "knit", regardless of which it really is. They really don't know the difference! My favorite, though, is when I see something described as a "crocheted knit" whatever, or a "knit sweater crocheted in" some such fiber and vice versa! I've seen that a lot. :lol

You have to admit, no one outside of crocheters seem to know crochet. I don't know how many times I've told people I don't knit, but so many ask me how my knitting is going! Even my closest friends talk about my knitting, and I've tried to explain, but... I've given up trying to explain the difference. When I'm asked knitting questions about the whatever-I-have-in-my-hand-at-the-moment I just look up and say, "I don't know, I don't knit"

Archived