Has Anyone Made the Spider Web Skirt Pattern?

gretelgrrl

Question

Hello - I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section for this question- but it is a question and I certainly am no where near finished with the project ;)

I love this skirt and was planning on making it for my sister. But, I haven't seen anyone else make it (I don't think)... and because I've never made a skirt before, I'm a little bit cautious/apprehensive. It looks like a simple pattern increase... but I'm not quite sure. :think Has anyone here done it? Has anyone found any corrections?

Do you know of a better pattern that has a similar style, but is easier for a first time skirt maker? I consider myself an intermediate-advanced crocheter, but, like I said - beginner when it come to skirts.

:)

Thanks for any and all input ...

Take care,

Molly

9 answers to this question

I was searching through Crochetville and found this thread from last year:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9228&highlight=spiderweb+skirt

It seems that a lot of ladies here were working on it - but someone was not cool and shared that pattern, so they canceled the CAL.

Anyway- from the thread, it looks like Microspun is a good alternative yarn. You can find that for about $3.00/skein at Michaels, so I think I'm going to go with that. Paton's Katrina is just too expensive for me (it's usually around $8/skein at my Joanns). It sounds like I'll need 11-12 skeins.

Anyway- thanks for the input. I'm going to go ahead and purchase the pattern. It is good to know that she offers assistance... that's nice.

It's odd that it's been up for so long and no one seems to have finished it - that kind of worries me :)

Ah, well - nothing ventured, nothing gained, right???

:hook

It really is a beautiful skirt and doesn't look too difficult. But... wouldn't you have to wear something under it?

I wouldn't think so. It looks like it's solid at least to the length of a miniskirt, & you could always lengthen that part if you're modest.

ETA: Taking a second look at it, it appears solid down to midthigh.

I bought this pattern some time ago, but I'm thinking I will make this with the paton's Katrina. Good luck with it and keep up posted with your progress:)

Archived