Bangle Purse

sprtsbear

Question

I need some help. I would like to make a bangle purse. I was going to do it with out a patter. Could someone tell me how to attach the handles? Do you crochet a tab to go around the handles or do you crochet directly on the bangle?

6 answers to this question

I just made a few bangle purses with patons merino and felted them. To attached the handles, I just crocheted a small tab, then after it was felted I folded the tab over the handles and stitched it closed!

Donna

I just couldn't get the hang of crocheting around the bangle, so I threaded the yarn on a big tapestry blunt-end needle. I doubled the yarn and went through each stitch and then around the bangle. I went twice through each stitch. If your bangle is bamboo, or has some texture to it, don't go too tight or it will be really hard to distribute the stitches once you are finished. (Don't ask me how I know this :)

Joan

I just couldn't get the hang of crocheting around the bangle, so I threaded the yarn on a big tapestry blunt-end needle. I doubled the yarn and went through each stitch and then around the bangle. I went twice through each stitch. If your bangle is bamboo, or has some texture to it, don't go too tight or it will be really hard to distribute the stitches once you are finished. (Don't ask me how I know this :)

Joan

I just finished my bangle purse tonight and this is the method I used. It turned out great and it's really strong.

Instead of chaining a begining ch, you just work that many sc around the handle and then work up from there. on the last row you do the same thing to connect the other handle. This is how I made mine, but as others have posted, there are just as effective alternatives to doing it. I guess it is just what you prefer.

Archived