HELP I'm so confused

BrandiLynn

Question

:think I just started a new project and haven't done one for quite some time. I'm doing the SUNSHINE designed by Mary C. Abadir. It is a square design. Well I'm working on the first (out of 5) Center Block. It tells me not to finish it off. Well I'll just type the instructions where I got lost.

"Row 4: Ch 1, working from right to left, skip first vertical strand, * insert hook under next vertical strand, YO and draw loosely through strand and loop on hook; repeat from * across; do not finish off.

NEXT 3 BLOCKS

Work same as Center Block.

With right side of Center Block facing, join with slip st in next corner on Center Block; do not finish off."

Now I got lost where it tells me to NOT finish it off and "with right side of center Block". At the end of ROW 4 I was on the left side of the square. How do I proceed to NEXT 3 BLOCKS?

Brandi

11 answers to this question

First of all, hi Brandi - and welcome to Crochetville!

I must ask you not to post the whole pattern here as someone requested as this would be against our copyright rules. If you have a link to the pattern (if it is online), that would be appropriate to post. Otherwise, post the source of your pattern - name of book, magazine name & issue date, etc.

Also, since this is not an introductory thread, I am going to move it to the forum where it should go, which Janet has pointed out is called "Crochet Help", you will receive more attention to your query there. I do hope that you will take a moment to post a new message here introducing yourself so we can all properly welcome you to the 'Ville!

I found the pattern in Leisure Arts Magazine "Contest Favorites Baby Afghans". The pattern is labeled SUNSHINE.

Mudpie: I think you are correct. Thank you. I was looking at the wrong way.

Hello to the rest of you.

Brandi

No, I haven't been able to find the pattern on line to show anyone. It is most confusing. I think I might forget it and try another pattern. I think I'll just wait till my Mother visits for her to show me. Thank you all for all your help!:manyheart

Brandi

:ty

You could also email leisure arts, though the one time I emailed them I got a rude and nonsensical reply. (It wasn't about a pattern problem.)

Brandy,

this sounds like an afghan stitch. that's the only place I've heard of vertical posts. BTW, was only wanting to see a picture of the piece, not the pattern....

hope this helps,

Archived