The New Crochet

Karen C.

I ordered this publication from Amazon along with The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I've seen a couple of the projects in this book, but would like some other opinions about the contents.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1579906869/ref=dp_image_0/104-3587928-7307915?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

My DH just bought me that book! I really like the patterns and have marked some already for 'front of the line' status!!!! There is one called Paper Moon Ensemble, a capelet and gauntlet (wrist warmers) in a very lacy yarn that I REALLY like, and my daughter asked me to make her the Warm Whisper Shawl which is made holding two strands together and with a P or Q hook so it will be quick *i like that*. There's a great Flirty Floral Choker and it has a different look than many crochet chokes I've seen, so that's on the list *again, a small project, so quick*... the Snuggly Azure Shrug looks really warm and cozy, and of course the Liquid Copper Sarong (the cover photo piece) was why DH bought it for me, 'cause he knows I love that sorta stuff. I'm really happy with the book and think you'll enjoy it.

I also got my S&B HH in the mail earlier in the week, and I'm sure you've read the reviews on that one... I am one that is VERY happy with it!

Happy Hooking!

Everyone has their own opinions - personally, nothing in this book thrilled me and after I flipped through it a few times I sent it back to Amazon. I did like the Paper Moon capelet/ganutlet set, but I figured I'd rather borrow it from the library for only a project or two.

I very much like it. There's a choker pattern in there that I've already made. Some of the patterns are downright scary though. The "Lady of the Baskervilles" whatevertheheck jumps to mind. (It's houndstooth check, and they get props for the literary reference, but still!)

Archived