yarn sale

crochetlover57

1:cheer :cheer:c9 :c9 :hug

TO EVERYONE HERE:

JUST A QUICK KISS AND HELLO TO EVERYONE.....I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT YARN PRICES ARE THE LOWEST AT WAL-MART....CARON "SIMPLY SOFT" THAT IS A GREAT YARN TO WORK WITH IS ONLY $1.97 A SKEIN. WHICH I THINK IS A GREAT DEAL IF YOU ARE MAKING A HUGE AFGHAN...ALSO IF YOU HAPPEN TO GET A 3oz SKEIN OUT OF THAT SMALL SKEIN YOU WILL GET 10 SQUARES WITH A TINY BIT LEFT OVER. I GOT MY 3oz SKEINS FOR $1.00 EACH. TO ME IT WAS A GREAT PRICE.

THANK YOU AND HAPPY CROCHETING!!!!:manyheart

make sure you looks at the oz compared to the other stores.. I noticed this too but the skiens i found at walmart were 3 oz, and the ones at the other stores like micheals and such were 6 oz for just a bit more.

just an idea

Another tip for saving money... If you have a Jo-Anns nearby they not only take competitors coupons but you can use several at one time!

Today I'll be buying a bunch of Simply Soft for an upcoming project and will be using the coupon for Rag Shop out of the Paper, the Michaels coupon out of the paper, the Rag Shop coupon from my e-mail, the Jo-Anns coupon from my e-mail, my Jo-Anns coupon from my mail flyer and the Hobby Lobby on line coupon. That's 6 coupons in one purchase. 6 6 oz skeins of Simply Soft which sell for $2.49 each will cost me around $9 plus tax...

Another tip for saving money... If you have a Jo-Anns nearby they not only take competitors coupons but you can use several at one time!

Today I'll be buying a bunch of Simply Soft for an upcoming project and will be using the coupon for Rag Shop out of the Paper, the Michaels coupon out of the paper, the Rag Shop coupon from my e-mail, the Jo-Anns coupon from my e-mail, my Jo-Anns coupon from my mail flyer and the Hobby Lobby on line coupon. That's 6 coupons in one purchase. 6 6 oz skeins of Simply Soft which sell for $2.49 each will cost me around $9 plus tax...

I was not aware of this. Can you use competitor coupons in ALL JoAnn's or just certain in states? Cause I have problems using Joann's coupons in JoAnn's!

charkitty

:cheer WTG I spoke to a lady at Michael's yesterday and all she did was put Simply Soft yard down....She kept saying that is splits...Like with all yarn there might be a few bad ones.. I simply walked away. And well she will not stop me from getting soft yarn..

Huggs Sofia:hug

Simply Soft does have a tendency to split. But I can definitely live with it. I feel it's the softest and best inexpensive yarn available.

charkitty

• 2 weeks later...

I get mine from AC Moore - last year they had unidentified "mill ends" in pound bags that an employee kindly pointed out to me were actually Caron simply soft yarn skeins. You can tell them from the other unidentified mill ends because one - they're softer to squeeze (big surprise!) and two - the bags contain multiple skeins instead of just one huge pound skein. They shine differently, too. In November AC Moore discontinued them, to everybody's distress. fortunately, reconsidered in january, and they're baaack! in simply soft brites colors, too (which line of colors the store doesn't ordinarily carry)! Used to have lion brand homespun in mill end bags, too, but those didn't come back. Instead, AC Moore offers Red Heart classic in 18 or 24 oz bags (3 skeins). I don't think any of these have color names identified on the bags, you just have to compare to labeled yarn in the store.

Great way to get yarn inexpensively for crafts, kids, large projects, etc.

(edit:) the caron pound bags are routinely 3.49 and the red heart 18 oz(variegated) and 24 (solid) are 5.00.

I was not aware of this. Can you use competitor coupons in ALL JoAnn's or just certain in states? Cause I have problems using Joann's coupons in JoAnn's!

charkitty

Look for the sign above or around the customer service area nad it should say that they accept all competitor coupons. Every JoAnn's I've ever been to take any competitor coupon as long as it's from an ad, not one you print off the computer. They also take more than one coupon at a time, as long as they aren't identical coupons. Meaning you should be able to use a JoAnn's flyer coupon, your JoAnn's computer coupon, along with any competitor coupons you happen to have as long as you are buying an item found in the competitor's store. For example, you can use a Michael's coupon on yarn, but not on fabric since Michael's doesn't carry fabric.

If your problems continue, I'd ask to speak to the manager or see if there is a link to complain on the JoAnn's website.

Look for the sign above or around the customer service area nad it should say that they accept all competitor coupons. Every JoAnn's I've ever been to take any competitor coupon as long as it's from an ad, not one you print off the computer. They also take more than one coupon at a time, as long as they aren't identical coupons. Meaning you should be able to use a JoAnn's flyer coupon, your JoAnn's computer coupon, along with any competitor coupons you happen to have as long as you are buying an item found in the competitor's store. For example, you can use a Michael's coupon on yarn, but not on fabric since Michael's doesn't carry fabric.

If your problems continue, I'd ask to speak to the manager or see if there is a link to complain on the JoAnn's website.

Thanks, CraftyShannon. I'm definitely going to start clipping competitor coupons!

charkitty

JoAnns will take identical coupons if you take someone with you. I try to drag someone along so that I can use multiple coupons all in one trip. Technically, if you have say 5 kids, you could bring them all along and print out the same coupon, and they'd still let you use it.

Archived