How long does it take you?

Hmm now that is a question??

All projects are different and people crochet at different speeds. It depends on if the pattern is a simple stitch that is the same row after row after row... Or if it is a project that has a more detailed pattern. I myself crochet very quickly but then I have been crocheting for over 30 years here, I also type fast. Quick fingers here lol.:D

How long one crochets a day that is also different for everyone and different still from day to day.. No set hours per day here, depends on if I am doing a project for fun or for a special reason, like for a gift.

Welcome to the world of crocheting.

:hook:manyheart

The length of time is dependent upon the number of distractions. If I am home alone the project goes fairly quickly. If I have a house full of Grandchildren, I may as well put my projects aside. I have some projects that I can make in an evening, others take me many hours. As for how can you do a project all day-easy - retire!

I am a binge worker. If I am into something then I binge big time and am very productive. After a while I get bored and binge on something else. ie the garden or the beach or cook or make candles or paint or bead......

At the moment it is crochet. While I have crocheted all my life, last couple of years I was on a scarf craze and knitted or crocheted hundreds of scarfs,mainly cos the new yarns were so cool. Now given I only have one neck, and my daughter has only one neck, and we live in the sub tropicals, I have moved onto baby things. No idea why as I have no plans of having another baby:eek , however this is quick and I will put them in a box for the school Fete in September. A few years back itwas afgnas cos my sons played Cricket and granny squares are great to take along and do while watching the Cricket... Unfortunately when the binge starts to fade, I usually end up with infinished UFOS...:P

Probably the main reason I crochet is because I find it relaxing.:manyheart .. Makes me feel good inside.... :manyheart ( now how flakey is that?) :manyheart I could drink, but crochet is better for my health and I end up with something other than a head ache at the end.:devil

I know I'm new, and it takes awhile to learn! I'm actually proud of how quickly I seem to have picket this up :lol

But I've noticed that some of you seem to be real quick at this! How long does it take you to complete a project? (Any project at all!) And how long do you spend a day doing this??

It all depends on how long I have. I've received yarn from a yarn company around lunchtime and they expect the project designed and crocheted and shipped back that same afternoon. :eek

I'm so used to crocheting quickly that I find that I can't slow down anymore.

Drew It cracks me up everytime to see "thecrochetdude" My mom even thinks its funny I hope you dont take offence none ment! My granny taught me in a group iof friends when I was 5 (or so) So My mentallity is that old ladies do this craft and I am a yongin to be crocheting. I agree with you I am what is considered a speed crocheter. I can do 6 6in grannys in an hour Discloth 15 min if I am familiar with the pattern.

Dude I am gonna have a look at your blog to see some of your patterns !!! And keep on crocheting!!!!

Archived