Happy Crochet Kinda Day

I am feeling so happy today, I just wanted to share 'cause I'm almost giddy! I took ten days off from work (I'm on day six) because I was just stressing (criminal court in Los Angeles) and today I have not yet gotten out of my pajamas!!!:D I've been hooking and lounging for days which is the therapy that I needed... :c9 Hubby just went to get me some Starbucks :hug and I'm working on an adorable old-fashioned hat (pictures forthcoming!) in a pretty chenille I bought yesterday. The postman brought my 3,000 yards of rose chenille :cheer that I plan to make the Ghost Whisperer sweater with (think I'll have a little left over?!) and he also brought two packets of patterns I'd won on eBay, including a 'long lost' leaflet called Slippers for the Family by Leisure Arts that I used to own but had misplaced - it has the greatest patterns and they are easy (I know this because it's some of the first things I made after afghans). The whole family has been staring at me, :angry arms crossed, asking for slippers... Also in the patterns are the Irish Crochet Rose pattern reprints originally from 1917.

My teen-aged son just came in the door and he let the girls at school put corn-row braids in his hair - looks awesome! I sold my college daughter's cruddy car for way more than I thought.... and My Name is Earl is on tonight - one of my favorite shows to watch with the kids... while I crochet, of course! Okay. Thanks for listening!:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll

I love days like that:c9 , but it'll be a while before I get one of those. My vacation days won't kick in until the end of June.:sigh You definitely have me rethinking what I'd consider a vacation!:devil Now, if DH would only agree. . .

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Picture me green with envy!:lol

Archived