Quick question

buggaboosmommy

I have a question for ya'll. Let's say I make a bag, felt it..then want to add something to it with wool yarn. If I wash it to felt the addition, do you think it will turn out okay? It won't mess up the first product?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. I'm working on an AWESOME design to share that I just love love love!!

Donna

When I made my felted bag, I first felted the flowers seperately to see how the wool would felt. I actually just swished and rubbed them around in hot, then cold water. They felted great so I then did the bag the same way. It doesn't matter if you do items seperately. In fact, anything that you want to be movabale, like a drawstring cord MUST be done seperately or it will end up sticking to the fibers of the bag.:hook

I have no idea if it will work or not - seems like it might, tho - but if it doesn't you could try needle felting the letter on afterwards...

I have just bought some wool roving to try my hand at needle felting. Can you needle felt yarn onto a felted surface? Does it have to be 100% wool?

Thanks!

Joan

I have just bought some wool roving to try my hand at needle felting. Can you needle felt yarn onto a felted surface? Does it have to be 100% wool?

Thanks!

Joan

Yep, you can needle felt onto a felted surface - check out these slippers by Firbertrends for an example. You can use bits of roving or yarn to needle felt. And yes, again, it does have to be wool, or a similar fiber, like mohair, alpaca, etc, in order to felt.

Yep, you can needle felt onto a felted surface - check out these slippers by Firbertrends for an example. You can use bits of roving or yarn to needle felt. And yes, again, it does have to be wool, or a similar fiber, like mohair, alpaca, etc, in order to felt.

Thanks, Natalie. I just got about 30 colors of roving from eBay and I want to try needle felting. One of the things I wanted to do was outline an image in black... I think black wool yarn might be easier to 'draw' with..???

Joan

Archived