I am wearing my first sweater!

I didn't put this under "show and tell" because I don't have a digital camera but today I am wearing my very first completed crocheted sweater!

I am happy with the way it came out although there are a few things I will change next time. It fits beautifully side to side but it is too long and the front neckline was too long...I had to add a few extra rows of edging to make it look good.

It is the free "eden" sweater pattern but I used Bernat satin (with 5.5 mm hook)instead of the Moda Dea eden. The horizontal gauge was right on but I should have measure the vertical more carefully. I don't mind the sweater being long but the neckline was a pain.

I also finished "Stacy" from Cool Crochet but I haven't sewn it together yet.

Yay! I couldn't have done without gleaning the knowledge and expertise from you all!

Denise- Congratulations!! I was going to say if you don't have a digital camera, you can take your regular film in to get developed and ask for the pictures (or just some of them) to be put on a cd. Then, you insert the cd into your computer and you can upload them that way. That's what I used to do to post pictures here before I had my (used, but hey it works) digital camera. :)

Tina

Denise- Congratulations!! I was going to say if you don't have a digital camera, you can take your regular film in to get developed and ask for the pictures (or just some of them) to be put on a cd. Then, you insert the cd into your computer and you can upload them that way. That's what I used to do to post pictures here before I had my (used, but hey it works) digital camera. :)

Tina

I am planning on doing just that when I finish a few more things! I have about a million pictures of my Rottie uploaded that way:lol

Denise - how exciting - i feel so great when I finish something too. I consider myself a beginner and am making smaller items. I cant imagine doing a sweater - but some day. This place is great and everyone is no nice and helpful :cheer

Denise - how exciting - i feel so great when I finish something too. I consider myself a beginner and am making smaller items. I cant imagine doing a sweater - but some day. This place is great and everyone is no nice and helpful :cheer

The sweater easy-peasy! It was actually easier than a couple of the ponchos I made...it just takes longer to do. This pattern was very simple, no armholes to shape so the only shaping was the neckline back and front and the sleeves.

You CAN do it!

Archived