anouther first felted purse!

shelain22

I did it! and I love it! I ran it through the wash 3 times and the last time I took it out of the pillow case, that is what made the diference!!! I started with the marvelouse tote, increased it a bit, and used Lucy handles that were mentioned here by anouthe member. what do ya think?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/shelain22/feltedpurse.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/shelain22/feltedhandle.jpg

I LOVE it! You did a great job. I've always liked that bag but not the handles.... well, I like the way the original handle looks but I have to have something I can sling on my shoulder. Very clever to swap out the handles.

I'm trying to see from your pics.... you attach one short handle and then one longer one??? Are the two handles knotted through the bag at the same points (but on two different sides, of course?)

About how large is the finished purse?

I love your colorways also.

Joan

Very pretty. Did you do the Lucy handles the same way the originals were, just one longer? I did, and I found they tried to roll up on me after felting. I'd definately do it again, in fact I AM doing one all in black for someone at work.

The purse is about 7 3/4 in high and about 9 in wide. The idea of putting the lucy handle on it wasent mine, anouther member here put those handles on hers, I have no idea why they are called lucy handles, thats what she called them though. It is in one of the more recent felted bag show and tells though, it shouldent be hard to find, will try later. I just eyeballed the handles. I had seen instruction on makeing cords and cutting holes or something, but that was to complicated for me. So what I did was this

the last 3 rounds at the top are sc instead of hdc. I made 2 straps about as long as I thaught they would need to be(they are jsut chain as long as you want, hdc to end, finish off.), stuck the ends in between the stitches on the 2nd row from the top where I wanted them and tied knots in the ends. I then felted the bag, and I think that most people felt then add handles. I wish I had made the handles 2 rows of hdc, but I ran out of yarn.

Thank you for all the compliments!

I started calling them 'Lucy handles' because they are seen on the Lion yarn website on a knit bag called LUCY. Just before Deneen herself told me about the pattern I saw a knit bag with that strap on a customer at the craft store I go to and asked her what she did. On my bags (see my blog for several of them) I just crochet the handles at the top of the bag as more rounds of the pattern.

Archived