Christmas Ornaments?

Does anybody crochet Christmas ornaments?

I have a book of patterns for thread ornaments. I can't post a picture because my ornaments are all packed away. Besides, I've only kept a few of them. I generally donate them to church sales.

My ornaments call for a gold trim and I can't find the gold thread anywhere except on Amazon.com and it's going to cost over $12 to ship it to me! :eek

The only metallic crochet thread I ever used was some of my mother's, but I would imagine they still make it. $12 to ship seems pretty pricey, unless you're getting a great big amount of thread. If you have any bigger craft stores in your area, they would probably carry it. If nothing else, you might be able to pair your thread with tinsel.

I've looked at Wal*Mart, Michaels, Craft 2000, Joann's. I even got the exact name from J&) Coats website and took it to Wal*Mart and was told they couldn't order it. :shrug

I need to check another Joann's. The one I went to was going out of business.

whats the name of what yourlooking for, i might have some

Oh no! I just found (and bought) some on ebay. It's J & P Coats Knit Cro-Sheen Gold/Gold Crochet Thread. I just bought 2 balls of it with shipping for a little under $8.00.

Archived