I JUST DONT GET IT!

shelain22

Question

ch3 Join to form ring

RND1: ch1, 12 sc in ring;join w/sl st to 1st sc

RND2: ch2;(YO,insert hook in next sc,YO and pull up a loop,Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook, *ch4, YO, insert hook in same sc, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook, (YO, insert hook in next sc, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook; repeat from * 4 more times more working last st in same sc as beginning ch2, ch4;join with sl st to top of first st, finish off;6 ch 4 sps

do yousee anything wrong with this? am I just an idiot? Usually there is something Im just not "getting" so could someone point it out to me please? On round 2, in the forst (), if you do what it says yousont have 3 loops on the hook....same in the 2nd set of ()

Help

Thanks

Val

Oh, and this is posed to be a small star motif for an american flag afghan....

10 answers to this question

ok you start with 1 loop on hook yo then you have 2 loop into the space then draw through the first 2 which leaves 2 loops on the hook do the same and you will have 3 loops on the hook, draw through all 3 with a joining loop and you will be back to 1 loop...(in otherwords you are doing a small puff stitch)

Just as the previous post suggested, I am thinking you aren't doing this right.

YO, insert hook in SC, YO pull through a loop (you will now have 3 loops on hook) YO pull through the first 2 loops. YO, insert hook in same stitch, YO pull through a loop, YO pull through 2 loops on hook (this should leave you with 3 loops on your hook.

Does this make more sense???

ch3 Join to form ring

RND1: ch1, 12 sc in ring;join w/sl st to 1st sc

RND2: ch2;(YO,insert hook in next sc,YO and pull up a loop,Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice, YO and draw through all 3 loops on hook, *ch4, YO, insert hook in same sc, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook, (YO, insert hook in next sc, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook; repeat from * 4 more times more working last st in same sc as beginning ch2, ch4;join with sl st to top of first st, finish off;6 ch 4 sps

do yousee anything wrong with this? am I just an idiot? Usually there is something Im just not "getting" so could someone point it out to me please? On round 2, in the forst (), if you do what it says yousont have 3 loops on the hook....same in the 2nd set of ()

Help

Thanks

Oh, and this is posed to be a small star motif for an american flag afghan....

I was confussed over same type of pattern . what you are doing is starting to make the sc or dc which ever it is and only half way do it go to the next stitch and start another one and again as many times as it says to then pull your last YO through all the loops left on your needle.

I KNEW that I would feel like an idiot!This is what my eyes were seeing..

(YO,insert hook in next sc,YO and pull up a loop,Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice,

I wa sdoing it like the red part was what you did twice, so I was just doing a dc and couldent figure out why I didnt have 3 loops, DUH

Thanks guys, sometimes you just need fresh eyes, and someone who can put it in idiot proof terms, lol:hook

I KNEW that I would feel like an idiot!This is what my eyes were seeing..

(YO,insert hook in next sc,YO and pull up a loop,Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook)twice,

I wa sdoing it like the red part was what you did twice, so I was just doing a dc and couldent figure out why I didnt have 3 loops, DUH

Thanks guys, sometimes you just need fresh eyes, and someone who can put it in idiot proof terms, lol:hook

Don't feel bad. The first time I did a stitch like that I had a heck of a time!

*breathe , relax, crochet , repeat from *

Always great advice Lowrancer...

Yeah, I was reading the pattern and thinking it sounded like a puff stitch or variation of a puff stitch...

lol no worries you were just thinking too much...... *breathe , relax, crochet , repeat from *

I will remember that the next time I have a crochet freak out moment. :thair

Thanks for the chuckle, Lowrancer.

Archived