Question for those that have done or are doing the 63 squares CAL

memflag

Question

How in the world did you manage to maintain your sanity and your hair???? I am currently trying to do the Chevron Relief Stitch square and it's driving me nuts!!!! :thair I have frogged it three times because it doesn't look like it does in the picture. I'm following the instructions, I've tried changing my tension and it still doesn't work. Is there an error in the instructions that I don't know about???

Thanks for your help and for letting me release a little frustration!!! LOL

Elizabeth

7 answers to this question

lol...:lol That happend to alot of us here ...but just set that one aside and go to the next then when your not so agravated ...come back and try again...that one did give a couple of us a hard time .....but it really isn't that bad and by the way,, they are not always gonna look EXACTLY as the picture.:hook

I agree...set it aside for now and move on. That's what I did, and that square ended up being the last one I did. By the time I got back around to it, I was much more confident and less frustrated (and eager to finish the darn squares). Seems the experience of working all the squares helped me figure out what I was doing wrong (which I can't remember what it was, or I'd tell you!). Anyway, mine did come out in a square, but the second half of the relief stitches wasn't as defined as the first half.

:hug Thanks guys! I have set that particular piece of..err.. square aside for now! I really didn't anything could be worse than the Trinity stitch. Boy, was I WRONG!!!! LOL

Anyway, I'm now working on the other squares! They seem to be coming along better!!

Thanks again!

Elizabeth

Hey Elizabeth

First of all, those of us that HAVE finished it are mostly BALD .:lol

and

We are answering you on the computer in the DAY ROOM of the Insane Asylum . :D

That one was one of the most difficult to do . I'd take the other's advice and give it a rest if you're getting too frustrated with it .

When you re-try it, come in and post on the Wannabees or 63 crochetalong and we'll guide you through it step by step !

( You MIGHT be one of the lucky ones and still have enough hair left to COMB )

I made the square so long ago, but the frustration is still with me. I'm wondering if there are others out there who have made more than one of these blankets. I have and everytime I start another one, I keep asking myself why?!?!?!!

I too had to put some of the squares away and work on the easier ones first. And I have found out that a lot of them do not look exactly like the picture. No matter what I do I can't get them to look that perfect. I wonder if they are made by a machine just to cause us to pull all our hair out. LOL

Good luck.

Zella

U know, I did that one twice and after the second time, I didn't care if it didn't look like the pic. As long as it measured close to what it should measure, i was happy. Who is gonna know it's not exactly what it is supposed to be but me! Still looked cool in whatever stitch it turned out being. hhehehe

Don't fret too much and move on. :)

Giving it a break is a good idea. In fact, I think I stopped at that one well before Christmas, then didn't go near the project until Christmas was over. Then I picked it up, ripped it all out and started over, and it came out fine. Just be careful about counting stitches and don't forget to do the single crochets on the odd rows.

Mine doesn't look exactly like the picture, either. The Chevrons aren't leaping out from the square, but they're there. Leisure Arts probably had an army of experienced crocheters working on it and took the best one for the picture!

Archived