fleece blanket with crochet trim??

AuntDebbie

Question

I saw a booklet at the back of Crochet magazine that was for making fleece blankets with crochet trim. has anyone done this? how do you make the holes in the fleece to get your hook through? is there a trim pattern best for this?

thanks for the help..

hopelessly confused..:think

5 answers to this question

I made a scarf for my Mom for Christmas, lined it with fleece and did the blanket stitch as my foundation chain, it worked great. The blanket stitch was done with the same yarn as the scarf and a metal yarn needle, it passed through the fleece without any problem.

As long as you're using a small enough metal hook it should go through the fleece. You could also try poking the holes with an awl or something similar if you're having trouble getting a hook through it.

Or you could use a yarn needle and embroider a blanket stitch all around the blanket then crochet into the blanket stitch.

Someone has suggested many times this question has been asked, (I know because I asked it a few weeks ago, lol)...use a sewing machine with no thread to go around the blanket. It will make holes in the blanket for you to stitch into.

Donna

I saw a booklet at the back of Crochet magazine that was for making fleece blankets with crochet trim. has anyone done this? how do you make the holes in the fleece to get your hook through? is there a trim pattern best for this?

I personally am sewing-challenged so I buy fleece fabric with the edges serged and the holes for crocheting already on it from http://www.hemstitcher.com . This is probably a bit more expensive than doing it yourself though.

I use the border stitch from my web site, which is first a round of sc, then (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, skip 2) around. However, you can use any edging pattern. You might have to fudge a bit at corners to come out even.

Good luck!

Archived