Looking chemo cap pattern

OneStitchMillie

Question

Looking for a simple, easy to follow double crochet pattern to make chemo caps or children's hats. I have trouble working round. Have attempted several headhuggers patterns, but no luck. This forum is very helpful.

Thanks:) Love to crochet for charity and want to add hats to my scarves.:clap

7 answers to this question

I just thought of something of you are going to make chemo caps try not to create a seam. I have been told that when going thou chemo your head hurts alot. And the discripion I was given was take the worst sun burn you can get and then muliply the pain by 10 and that is how bad your head can hurt.

:manyheart Good look finding a pattern that will work for you or you can try to make a hat that is in round but don't do the joining slip stitch and then sew the 2 side togetter. I don't know if it will work :think but it is worth trying

Looking for a simple, easy to follow double crochet pattern to make chemo caps or children's hats. I have trouble working round. Have attempted several headhuggers patterns, but no luck. This forum is very helpful.

Thanks:) Love to crochet for charity and want to add hats to my scarves.:clap

I have a tutorial on working in the round at Crochet Cabana.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/in-the-round.htm

Part 2 on the next page has how to make a hat the way I make them.

I also have some hat patterns on the miscellaneous patterns page. I make and send many of my hats to charity for chemo patients. I have not heard anything negative about them, so I am hoping they're working out okay for the patients. I have also heard the heads are sensitive. I sent two off yesterday and asked the lady to please let me know if they work out. I like to get feedback. No use continuing to make the same thing over and over and then find out it was of no use.

LOL I digressed. Hope this helps.

Archived