Hi from NY

Guest momofdomandvin

Guest momofdomandvin

Hi, everyone! I'm new to the crochetville board. I'm a mom of 2 boys and not only a crocheter, but a knitter also.

I've made countless sweaters, baby items, etc....I have a problem, though. I CANNOT, for the life of me, make a darned sock! I cannot knit it, crochet it, or anything! I am so frustrated.....I've purchased patterns, printed patterns, and bought books....what is wrong with me? I think the whole heel thing confuses me....:<> I have no clue. I bought that crochet book for socks..I can't do not ONE pattern from there! I've been doing both crafts since I was a little girl....I've made so many things--why is this so difficult??!!

Can someone send me or direct me to an EASY pattern? (with pics)..I'm beginning to think it's all me!! I went to your sock section and have tried all those socks-- with the exception of the south bay ones--HELP!!!

Thanks, all and I look forward to crocheting with you all!!

Christine :)

Guest momofdomandvin

Hi, Julie..thanks for the welcome! Actually, I tried those socks...I got frustrated and ripped them out....what am I doing wrong? :<> It's not like I'm new to this.....this whole sock thing is driving me crazy! I wanted to make a couple of pair for Christmas presents....no go!!!! I tried the Sue's ones-- the ones with the baby, woman and man's versions....oh my! What a mess! I've frogged and frogged and cursed many days now!!

Any hints??

Chrisitne:bounce

:)) You said you've already tried the ones in the Socks CAL thread... I've been thinking about this, honest. What was going wrong with the socks, why weren't you happy? Drop me an email to the address in my signature, maybe we can figure something out. :fc

:welcome to Crochetville! :wave

I'm currently working on the Socks in Shoes pattern from Crochet Me. If you'd like to talk about that pattern I might can help you out, but Julie might be a good person to talk to - she's a sock making machine! :cheer2

Hi, Christine! Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome :grouphug

The South Bay socks are pretty easy except for the heel. Maybe you could try those except substitute a heel from another pattern. :thinking1

Archived