Seeking 4 testers with rafia in your stash

Jimmie Lu

Well, would you believe it! I found some rafia that I had crochet with a while ago - it came from a hat that was too big and floppy. But I only have a little bit, enough for about 3 scrunchies or something similar...

Well I pretty much finished this project. I just need to add the button. I should be able to post a pic tomorrow.

At first it was really a pain to work with this stuff, but once I got going it got easier. You're right Jimmie, it was a quick project! THANKS for letting me test!

JLChangePurse.jpg

As you can see I did mine in three colors - just to be different! Fours rows of brown, three of green and two of blue-purple. The 'button' is a wooden bead with 'rhinestones' that is intended for braided hair! It worked out to be a tad over 2" square...and pretty cute. I'm thinking about putting a loop on the back so I can slip a belt through it or maybe adding a long strap to wear round my neck or even attaching a thick hair band and wearing it on my wrist as that is where most of my scrunchies end up anyway...

Archived