Mixed Koolaid Dyeing

Roxanne

Ever tried some mixing of Koolaid to dye yarn? I am pretty surprised with the colours I got actually...a little more toned down and not so vibrant but still quite nice. The two lace weight skeins I did are the same colour...just the second skein has a little food colour added to it to increase the colour of the red and blue.

Click here to take a look. Thanks for stopping by! :cheer

I had kids dyr little tapestry skeins of yarn. They enjoyed it and they smelled good. We used jars ans I let the kids shake them a bit. They were facinated.

Debbi J-H

That is beautiful. I would love to do something like that. Where did you learn how to dye yarn? And with koolaid? I think that is the most economical use of koolaid I have ever seen and it turned out so great! LOVE IT!

That is beautiful. I would love to do something like that. Where did you learn how to dye yarn? And with koolaid? I think that is the most economical use of koolaid I have ever seen and it turned out so great! LOVE IT!

I've read a lot online about dyeing yarn to figure out how to do it. There are a lot of tutorials online for Koolaid dyeing too if you Google it. And thanks for the compliment too! :hug

What colors did you mix to get the blue, it is gorgeous! I have mixed colors, but with food coloring too. Everything looked icky and black and dirty and then I nuked it and I got gorgeous (purples and orange) colors, here.

What colors did you mix to get the blue, it is gorgeous! I have mixed colors, but with food coloring too. Everything looked icky and black and dirty and then I nuked it and I got gorgeous (purples and orange) colors, here.

Oh gosh, I think it was Ice Blue and something else...hmmmmm...grape maybe? I should've written it down! :blush

Archived