Questions about hooks for people with wrist problems

memflag

I just saw these in my new Annie's Attic catalog, and was wondering if anyone has used them.

Here's a link to a picture of them if you don't know what I'm talking about -

http://www.anniesattic.com/list.html?criteria=trigger+grip+hook

I have CTS and severe De Querre veins in my right hand, which consequentially is my crocheting hand. I've tried using my left for the crocheting, but found that my hand hurts worse from trying to keep the tension on the thread/yarn.

If you've used them, and you have wrist problems, have they helped? Is there another hook to recommend that might help? I would really like to find some for the smaller sizes for doilies.

I love crocheting, but I would like to get more comfortable hooks. I have found that using one of those blue foamy things on the hook helps some, but not enough. I can currently only stitch about 30 - 45 minutes at a time, and still need to take a few days rest in between. :(

Thanks for the help!

Elizabeth

I don't know about that hook type but annie attic also sells the soft touch crochet hook http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=10078 I boght them for my BF step mom and she love them. She says that the help her to crochet. I know AC Moore also sells the hook along with many other magazines. The only thing I will worn you about is that when I order them for her it took like 6 month to get them. The company that made them was not keeping up with the sale in that the magizine was doing. I got my throu this sight http://www.thestitchery.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=T15938 do to the fact that they sell the whole set and a carrying case.

How long ago did you order them? I am thinking about getting those because they are on sale. Their price for the whole set is cheaper than the Annie's Attic price for one of the Trigger Grip Hooks. Thanks for the info!!!:D

Elizabeth

I have seen the soft touch hooks at Hobby Lobby if there is one close to you. I have oftened wondered if they are worth trying. Now, I think I'll go get myself one!:)

Lynn

I beleive it was June and I didn't get the hooks until October or November. But When I get the link for you there was a note saying the their in stock so maybe you will have more luck getting teh hooks faster. Plus if the hooks are not in stock and it take a while the company can't charge you any more when the hook go off sale:)

Ohhhh Sicily! Bet its beautiful there. Don't they have any craft stores of any kind there? I suppose everything would be in metric though. Probably better to order online.

Lynn

It is beautiful!!! I love it here! Someone on here mentioned something about a yarn shop in Taormina, which is about two hours away from me. One of the other ladies that lives here, said that there's also a shop in Mineo which is only about 15 minutes away. But, the one and only time that I have been up there, I discovered where the term "hairpin turn" came from! :eek Apparently they don't believe in guardrails on that very steep hill!!! :P

Right now, I rely on DH to take me everywhere, but with his duty schedule and the kids being in school, it's not easy to get around. However, hopefully by the end of next week, I will have a car and can do my own traveling!!! :cheer Then I will find out where all the LYS are, even if I have to drive 10 MPH up a hill to do it!!!! LOL:lol

Elizabeth

Try looking at some of Jimbo's posts under Crochet Hooks & Gadgets forums. He carves hooks and handles and works with you to get a hook or handle to match your grip or special need. I don't know if he would ship overseas but he is a super nice guy and it's worth asking.

I highly recommend the Clover Soft touch hooks. Once I started using them, I don't want to use anything else. I think they helped me to stop holding the hook so tightly and therefore helped my wrist not to hurt.

I have not tired the other hooks you have the link to. I'd love to hear how others like them.

I highly recommend the Clover Soft touch hooks. Once I started using them, I don't want to use anything else. I think they helped me to stop holding the hook so tightly and therefore helped my wrist not to hurt.

I have not tired the other hooks you have the link to. I'd love to hear how others like them.

I wonder if it was you Barbara ? Somebody here recomended this style hook and I went straight out:woo and bought one.

It's wonderful !:ty

Been meaning to back track and find that wonderful person that took the time to tell us. :c9 But it as quite a ways back...

Only recently have I regained the use of both my hands / wrists....and my desire is to learn crochet as a way to keep them flexible. I took out my old knitting and it hurts way too much. So I am still trying to find ways to make this work.

Only trouble now is the largest one they make is a J hook.

So..now I need to find only patterns using a J hook. :gallery *lol*

-Pam-

Archived