Almost Embarrassed to ask for Testers.. but

I'm finally starting to write patterns down. :blush After a few (yes FEW as in more than one :shrug ) failed attempts at doing this I thought I'd start out with something uber simple.. so have written down one of the dishclothes I do which is really easy and works up really fast. If I post it here does anyone want to tell me what I need to add or take away to make it more readable? Writing patterns is harder than I thought it would be :faint

Please be honest.. I can take the criticisms :sweat

Simple Dishcloth

Materials:

1 Skein Sugar & Creme (or sportweight acrylic)

Size G Hook - Gauge is not critical

Scissors

Yarn Needle to weave in ends

Stitches Used: ch, hdc

Difficulty: Easy

Row 1: Chain 31, turn, first 3 ch counts as first hdc and ch 1 here and throughout, *hdc, ch1 in next ch space*, ch2, Turn (29 hdc)

Row 2: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, ch 3, Turn (29 hdc)

Row 3-24: Repeat Row 2 (adding rows for more length, subtracting rows for less length)

Row 25: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, do not turn. Fasten of & weave in ends.

hehe Am at work too ;) Don't worry.. I won't tell if u won't :)

Thanks so much.. I know it's stupid simple but doing patterns and writing them down are amazingly two entirely different things lol it's hard to not take for granted someone knows to turn at the end for example. I'm tryin gto ease into this softly LOL

;)

ack!! I already see a correction!! :eek

Row 2 should read:

Row 2: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, ch3, Turn (29 hdc)

I'm finally starting to write patterns down. :blush After a few (yes FEW as in more than one :shrug ) failed attempts at doing this I thought I'd start out with something uber simple.. so have written down one of the dishclothes I do which is really easy and works up really fast. If I post it here does anyone want to tell me what I need to add or take away to make it more readable? Writing patterns is harder than I thought it would be :faint

Please be honest.. I can take the criticisms :sweat

Simple Dishcloth

Materials:

Scissors

Row 1: Chain 31, turn, first 3 ch counts as first hdc and ch 1 here and throughout, *hdc, ch1 in next ch space*, ch2, Turn (29 hdc)

Row 2: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, ch 3, Turn (29 hdc)

Row 3-24: Repeat Row 2 (adding rows for more length, subtracting rows for less length)

Row 25: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, do not turn. Fasten of & weave in ends.

Row one should tell you where to start, like in the 4th ch from hook, hdc (first skipped ch is hdc), ch1, *hdc, ch 1, rep * across to hdc in last ch. ch 2, turn (29 hdc).

other than the first correction you saw already, didn't count that there was 29 hdc, just proofread your pattern. Looks great, btw.

You also need to make sure it is a hdc in last ch or you could have a beginner pattern reader doing the ch 1 along with the ch's you do for turning...

Right.. good point and thanks :manyheart It's the stuff like that that is tough.. I remember a computer programmer class I took once that one of our first assignments was "explain to someone how to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich"... good gods... it was like raise ur right hand, place it on the drawer handle, pull the drawer open, release the handle, pick up a knife with ur left hand, place your hand back on the drawer handle, push the drawer closed, release the drawer handle... well u get the idea.. this is about the same thing lol

I'll have to count the hdc.. I was writing this this morning just from memory and didn't think about the hdc counting (was counting how many chains left after the initial turn :lol I think it should (?) be 14? I'll check it tonite by doing one and correct that number.. :blush

Thanks for the input!

Simple Dishcloth

Materials:

Scissors

Row 1: Chain 31, turn, hdc in 3rd ch from hook, first 3 ch counts as first hdc and ch 1 here and throughout, *hdc, ch1 in next ch space, repeat from * across, hdc in last ch, ch2, Turn (14 hdc)

Row 2: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, ch 3, Turn (14 hdc)

Row 25: *Hdc in next ch sp, ch 1, Repeat from * across, hdc in last ch 3 space, do not turn. Fasten of & weave in ends.

I get most of my crochet work done at work. .. We are so slow..:P

hahahaha Nah I don't get to do that :blush but I do work on some at lunch and riding into and home from work each day :hook Or if I sneak off to the ladies room with my crochet bag ... but we won't talk about that :devil

your welcome...I usually design something, and then from the pattern a few weeks later sometimes to see if it is correct as I usually don't have pattern testers as most of the designs I do are of simple nature...

Neat pattern, don't like to do HDC much as I tend to make too many of them, I am fine with all the other stitches but hdc...

Your pattern testers out there should be able to count the stitches for you, I work from home, as we have show dogs, keeshonden, and I make special order requests at a local consignment shop in my small town...And I am always at the doctors getting allergy shots, 2 times a week for my allergies of grass, trees, dogs, cats, weeds, roaches, dust and mites...Just about everything in the country living,,we also have cats too,,,lol...

I hope to find out if my design is in the crochet with bits and pieces book by carol alexander, don't know yet as the book isn't published yet and/or I haven't gotten a book to where I know I am in it...hopefully it is...

Great thanks! Here's another if u like doing dishcloths lol *rolls eyes* This time I did count tho :devil

Dishcloth in the Round

Row 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, do not turn (6 sc)

Row 2: working in rounds, 2 sc in each sc around (12 sc)

Row 3: Mark beginning of row, *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 2 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (16 hdc, 16 ch)

Row 4: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 3 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (20 hdc, 20 ch)

Row 5: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 4 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (24 hdc, 24 ch)

Row 6: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 5 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (28 hdc, 28 ch)

Row 7: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 6 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (32 hdc, 32 ch)

Row 8: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 7 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (36 hdc, 36 ch)

Row 9: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 8 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around (40 hdc, 40 ch)

Row 10: *(hdc, ch1, hdc) in next sc, (ch 1, hdc) in next 9 sc, ch 1 repeat from * around, sc in next ch 1 sp (44 hdc, 44 ch, 1 sc)

Hanging loop: Ch 10, sl st in last sc on row 10, fasten off & weave in ends.

• 3 months later...

Archived