What happened to these suppliers?

Wombat

That's interesting about Country Yarns. Your link take me to "Navigation Error - Internet Explorer cannot find countryyarns.com".

There is a www.countryarns.com but that is a knitting site. I am after Jennie Gaskin's site - she had/has an enormous range of Elizabeth Hiddleson crochet patterns.

Yesterdazes had a fantastic range of patterns dating from turn of the century to the 1950's. I have a wish list as long as your arm.

Perhaps if you could post the url's for these websites, others could try? I can't even tell if I may have one (or both) of them bookmarked by your descriptions only (I have too many links!).

That's interesting about Country Yarns. Your link take me to "Navigation Error - Internet Explorer cannot find countryyarns.com".

Try this link, it should work: http://www.countryyarns.com/main.htm You can navigate to other areas of the site via the links at the bottom of the page.

It's possible that IE was being picky, Julie's link did not have the "www" in it. Most of the time that is not a problem, but it seems to be for you. Some mysteries are not meant to be solved!

There is a www.countryarns.com but that is a knitting site. I am after Jennie Gaskin's site - she had/has an enormous range of Elizabeth Hiddleson crochet patterns.

This link is definitely a different site, only has one "y" in it. The link I provided shows that the url with 2 y's is the one you are apparently looking for. If you get another error message for some reason, try refreshing, or clearing your history.

Yesterdazes had a fantastic range of patterns dating from turn of the century to the 1950's. I have a wish list as long as your arm.

Try this link: http://www.yesterdazes.com/prodlist.html It appears that the site may not be fully operational, perhaps due to them not paying the domain fee? Either that, or they are revamping it, or something. Clicking on the "Home" link brings up a generic looking page that states "Coming Soon". But you can probably contact them either by phone or mail (you can try emailing, but my guess is it may not work either, if it's due to the domain issue) by clicking on the "How to Order" link in the left sidebar.

HTH

Thank you for your advice, Goldi, which I have taken. Still can't connect to Jennie Gaskin's site. Guess I'll have to dig out the old quill and ink and use one of those postage stamp thingies.

Perhaps Ms Gaskin became involved in a dispute regarding her business name - www.countryarns.com states that they have been in business for 21 years. :blush

Lisa kindly told me that there have been problems accessing my web site. It seems that this has been going on for some time from the UK and Australia without my knowledge. I talked to my server and was told it had something to do with their anti-spamming software. They _told_ me they fixed the UK problem, although I'm told by UK crocheters that email is still bouncing. I'll get my server to work on the Australia problem next; the Aussies don't seem to have a problem emailing. In the meantime, I have finally gotten an alternate email address - countryyarns.jennie@gmail.com Now if I can only remember to check it! Please, if you are having a problem accessing the web site still, send me an email with your "primary" IPS numbers; those are the ones you had to enter in your computer to access the internet when you first set it up. I think LOL Oh, and there is no problem with my web site name <G> I've had "Country Yarns" as a business name since 1982 and as a web site since 1997!

• 1 month later...

Until today, I hadn't been back to this thread since I got Jennie's snail mail address so I missed her posting with the alternate email address.

But I'm so excited ... SKS on another forum offered to email her on my behalf, she has been in contact with me and, yes, she has what I'm after and, yes, I'm getting it.

Now, if her provider will only let me in to her website, I can see what else she might have that I can't live without (like numerous Elizabeth Hiddleson patterns). I'd begun to think that the Australian government had blocked access because of suspected acts of terrorism with a crochet hook. :D

Now all I have to sort out is Yesterdazes.

• 5 years later...

Hello!

I am Maria and I'm writing you this (my first) message from Greece! I want to apologise for my poor language express ability :whew

I found this thread searching for any information about the site of yesterdazes.com

Has anybody place an order lately to this shop? They have some really wonderful and rare Mary Card's patterns that I cannot find anywhere else and I've tried so much!

I have sent them 2 emails and no response yet!

Can you help me?

I really want these patterns! :cheer

Thanks so much!

Archived