Donna Kooler's Crocheted Afghans

Chrome Kitty

Does anyone have Donna Kooler's Crocheted Afghans? I can only find pictures of the cover and none of what's inside. What's your opinion of the patterns in this book?

I didn't like the description on Joann's website: "With more than 40 fabulous afghan patterns from master designer Donna Kooler, crocheters will grab their needles and stitch to their heart's content . . ."

I just signed up here yesterday, and already feel right at home! Anyway, do you all know about Maggie's Crochet? She has pictures of the INSIDES of many of the books that are widely on sale. Whenever I spot a book that looks interesting on Amazon, or elsewhere, I always check maggiescrochet.com to see if she is selling it, because she posts pictures of some of the projects in the book. I've found it to be a real help in making sight-unseen decisions. Toodles!

Guess what, guys...I found Donna Kooler's Crocheted Afghans for half price at Hobby Lobby today, and I snatched it up. Last copy. I paid ---- drumroll please----- $6.50!! :cheer Yes, indeed. They had all their pattern books on sale 1/2 price. Wish I had known earlier in the week; they were kinda picked over but luckily had one of these. It was an unadvertised special. Yay.

• 5 years later...

I purchased this book recently and was excited about all the beautiful afghans in the book. However, I'm a beginner crocheter and had trouble understanding the instructions for the 'Zigzag Baby' afghan on page 22. I finallly got frustrated and gave up. Is it just me, being new at this, or were the instructions hard to understand for anyone else?

I purchased this book recently and was excited about all the beautiful afghans in the book. However, I'm a beginner crocheter and had trouble understanding the instructions for the 'Zigzag Baby' afghan on page 22. I finallly got frustrated and gave up. Is it just me, being new at this, or were the instructions hard to understand for anyone else?

I read the reviews on Amazon and that actually made me decide not to buy the book. Most of the reviews complained that there were serious mistakes in the patterns and missing info. They were pretty much in unison that the book could have been edited much better! When I see those kinds of reviews, I usually just steer clear of the book. There are so many other books to choose from and I don't need frustration when I crochet -- it is my DE-STRESS coping method. :) Hopefully someone else who has made the pattern you are having trouble with will chime in with suggestions. You can always write to the designer. I also read that Donna Kooler did not design all the patterns in the book which made me wonder why they named the book as they did, if that was the case. Sometimes the publisher will have a site for erratta where they address corrections to errors and missing info. Might check for that too.

Archived