Which one?

chsarrow

I received a gift card from Barnes and Noble for Christmas.:cheer

I would like to use it on a book with crochet patterns in it.

I feel sure many of you have several books like this. If you were me, which one would you purchase?:think Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlene

I'm a sucker for stitch compilations. I'd recommend The Crochet Stitch Bible and/or The Encyclopedia of Crochet if you don't already have them.

If you're looking for cute clothes patterns then Cool Crochet is a good one. If you check it out on Amazon.com you can look at the patterns available in it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0823011240/qid=1135859525/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4158847-1314422?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

What kinds of patterns are you looking for? I usually go for clothing patterns myself, so books with those kinds of patterns are the only ones I really know anything about. I agree with Stacey that "Cool Crochet" is a great choice. I like "Hooked on Crochet" a lot, too. It has some clothing patterns, but has a lot of others, too, like home decor.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want a reference manual, the Encyclopedia of Crochet can't be beat, IMO. I refer to it every time I do Tunisian Crochet. If you want clothes for yourself, So Simple Crochet, Cool Crochet, Hip to Crochet, & The New Crochet are all great--I judge greatness in part by how *few* scarf patterns a book has. :heehee If you want baby stuff, Candi Jensen's books are pretty good, and so is Simple Crochet for Babies and Toddlers.

It all depends on what you like. I like the Candi Jensen books for children's patterns, The Crochet Bible is a good one for learning new stitches, Felted Crochet by Jane Davis is a good one for the trendy art of felting, and From knit to crochet is a good one for getting the knitted look by crocheting.

Enjoy your gift card. Go to the store by yourself, without any time limits, and just browse until you find exactly the book that suits you and your hooks. Enjoy the gift.

Linda:manyheart

Archived